Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Most Glorious Day!

For a Tuesday - I can't complain.  I got a decent run in this morning on the treadmill and I hate running on treadmills.  Got home, made the bed while Gag made Zach's lunch.  Boone was off to the races (aka the vet for another shot :( with the dad), the dad was then off to the races (the human doctor), Zach was off to his last 2nd semester of high school and I was off to work.  A Starbucks pit stop and 58 seconds later, at work.  It was a quiet day - surprisingly because yesterday I couldn't catch my breath.

Today was my first day in a month that I had time to collect thoughts, discern what needed to absolutely come first and even write a few emails that were certainly work related <shaking head>.  

I found a great item for an upcoming event and the biggest, best part of the day was my every 6 week appointment today!  So I have "fresh" hair, brighter, shinier and totally ready to take on Wednesday!  Dinner is in the oven (after two nights of crockpot dinners) and will be ready in time so that Jeff doesn't have to scarf it down before I gently remind him "Hey, we have to go to the senior all nighter meeting in 9 minutes.  Are you ready?"  And then "You're not wearing that are you?"  Followed up by "Thank you.  I can't believe you were about to head out tonight in flipflops, your undershirt and shorts with no underwear.  That would have been just a skoche tacky, don't you agree?"  At this point, I would run downstairs to check the laundry so I can't hear his pissing and moaning and crabby diatribe - only to return to that "Jeff" look and off to the races.  (No, not the doctors... the "My Baby's Going To College and this is going to suck ass, party planning" races.)

Laundry is started, put away and a candle is lit.  (Because the ambiance will help him not be soooo crabby when I announce the meeting we have to leave for.) And then... when we get home...



There's a FRIGGIN MICHAEL JACKSON "Glee" on tonight and thanks to Leap Year - there are 329 shopping days left until Christmas!



Most glorious day, indeed!


No comments: