Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The AARP & Me

I can rest easy the rest of today and TFN.  My AARP cards arrived in the mail today!


I was pretty excited about it, considering my arteries are likely clogged from the healthy cod and asparagus I had last night - swimming in hollendaisse sauce!  So just to make sure that card is in the right hands, I put a piece of cod on a plate and ate that up for lunch!  It was okay - not quite the same as last night for sure.  Good news is, with fish, you don't need your dentures in.  Oh right... I don't have dentures.

I'm 42.  And for probably 2 years now, I get AARP stuff in the mail randomly.  So how did they get my name first of all?  What database were they searching when they got a 40 year old woman's information to get on their mailing lists?  I know I'm not the only one - but shouldn't there be rules?  Guidelines?  Uhhh... let's start with AGE of recipients.  Anyone?  

Why don't they know that I carry cards around like... a Starbucks Card.  A AAA Card.  An American Eagle card.  An athletic club card.  Lord love a duck... I'm FORTY TWO.  I don't ask for the senior citizens discount yet.  Heyyyyyy... heyyyy.....  

It's time for me to get back to work... but not until after I dig the AARP cards out of the trash.

Over & out!




No comments: