Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Found A Penny... Picked It Up...

You know the saying:  Find a penny, pick it up, all day long, you'll have good luck.

Technically, I found the penny in the Rosauers parking lot AFTER I received a phone call with a job offer this morning - but I picked it up anyhow!  I figured the "good luck" could fold the laundry downstairs, do the dishes the boys left me in the sink, and just get the house in order before I head off to my new job tomorrow.

My jobs keep getting closer and closer to home... so I think it's safe to say that I'll be working from home at some point in the future - and no, I'm not referring to laundry, dishes, dinner, etc.  I'm hopeful that this means "they" are closer to perfecting Money Tree's so that we can plant some in our back 40 and my job will be to "harvest" them.  I could totally dig that job.

But until that time I will be the KAYU TV Regional & KCYU/KFFX TV National Sales Assistant. I originally applied for the Traffic Assistant, but that was filled by a current employee opening up this position.  She was ready for a change of pace, but wanted to stay with the company.  The thing I've heard about this place is longevity is "in"... so that's a great thing to walk in to.

Salary, benefits... peace of mind.  This new year is already shaping up!  Oh... and casual attire with "beyond" casual Fridays?  I can dig it... unless of course "beyond casual" means pajamas...  


All I know is Jeff is rumored to have been doing cartwheels at Family Home Care this morning.  But then, so was I... this means I get to go shopping for clothes orrrr... shoes.  Yes sirree.

No comments: