Saturday, November 24, 2012

Delay Of Game...

I've slacked the past 4 or 5 days...  Tuesday night I cooked pies for Thanksgiving.  Wednesday  night I prepped all of the onions, celery, casserole dishes and sweet potatoes.  When that was wrapped up, we ordered up 3 pizzas from Famous Eds to feed the 4 WSU Fiji's we were hosting (this includes OUR WSU Fiji), our football player from EWU and Wack - who was out and about with friends.  Then came the dice game of "Left-Right-Center" and the night came to a close after several games.

Thursday morning I prepped two batches of monkey bread for post "Turkey Bowl" football and then tried to set my kitchen on fire with the  melted butter dripping out of one of the pans in my oven.  I managed to get the turkey stuffed by my lonesome while The Dad loaded his car with tailgate stuff for Turkey Bowl 2012.

Breakfast as per usual at the house on 36th, final preparations here at Lloyd house and then a little catnap until the relatives arrived for post dinner family fun... only, unfortunately, The Dad manned my phone and while I napped,  told the family they didn't need to come as it got later.  That was a bit of a disappointment for Wack and my boys as it's the only time they get to hang, all of them together, with their cousins.  Their next opportunity for this will be in June - at my nieces wedding... and even then... the girls will be busy doing all of the stuff that has to be done for weddings.  <sigh>

Then yesterday - Apple Cup Day... we got up, got moving, ran an errand for #7, said goodbye to Blue Eyes for another 3 weeks or so and laid low for a while.  #7 returned from an interview and then was on his way to get cleaned up in Cheney before heading to Wenatchee.  And with each departure, a little piece of my heart stopped.  

Watched the game at my nieces house - and a great game it was!  So happy for Blue Eyes and two of the Cougars on the team - Travis Long and Jeff Tuel.  Such a great game.

We got home, fed the pups, turned on "Home for the Holidays" and then, as it ended, I closed my eyes and fell asleep on the couch.  My intentions of writing last night, getting laundry sorted and done, putting away the Thanksgiving decorations, and getting a few things ordered online last night never came to fruition.

Even today - as I write this - I find I'm writing so that I don't feel guilty for not writing.  It's not as if anyone relies on this or even reads them (okay... I actually have a tool that counts which ones have been read, from where, etc...) but this one doesn't even have any "meat".  It's just that I made a goal on November 28th, 2011 and in the past 5 months at this job and with The Dad not working - it sort of threw it all into a tailspin and we're not yet done spinning.

So I'm going to have to work harder, find the energy, push myself, make it a priority again.  No more excuses.  No more delays...

A couple of times in the past 3 months I've received texts and tweets asking me when my year is up.  November 28, 2012 would have been the answer to give.  But each time I  responded - I said something like "Well, it would be in November... but... I dunno.  We'll see."

So before I have any time to really put any thought into this - I'm going to extend my year off of The Bookface.  I'm doing this right here, right now, time isn't running out, there's no delay of game - it's on.  Game on.

Stay tuned... 

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Kathy, thank you! I'm sure there are days that writing is the last thing you want to do, but there are those of us who appreciate reading about your daily life. It is my simple pleasure each day to read a new post from you.

Thank you for sharing your heart with all of us!