Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Cabo Diet

My gal pal Cheri mentioned the other night that she was going to have to get her "Cabo Diet" on.  I nodded in agreement and then began to wonder what the "Cabo Diet" needs to look like for me and Big Pappy.

Jeff knows what he has to do - but apparently when he was adopted, his parents signed the waiver on his will power and common sense.  It's okay... after almost 22 years, I'm use to.  So his strategy is a little different than mine.  And while it shouldn't affect me - it will.  (Will power affects his intake.  Common sense affects his clothing choices.)

Jeff:  You want a cookie?
Me:  Yes.  No.  Yes... Shit... NO!  
Jeff:  Make up your mind... do you want one or not?
Me:  I want one, but I am not having one.
Jeff:  (Already with cookies in hand...)  (*&*^$^%$%^ (under his breath, but loud enough for me to hear)  -shuffles back to the pantry and puts the cookies away.  Then proceeds to pout and glare at me because I made him feel guilty (even though all I did was decline the cookie) for taking a cookie in the first place.  The reason why is, because he sees me practicing self control, and at least sometimes succeeding and what he hopes is that I'll just eat the damn cookie, so he can, and then we're both failing at the diet/self control/will power.  But when I chose to not have the cookie, extra serving, snack, chips... what have you - he pouts.  

And ladies... you know it, I know it... ladies around the world unite in the agreement - that when I guy pouts, it's almost as bad as when they are sick.  Gads.

So my Cabo diet this week has been, back to my 10 oz shake in the morning, yogurt mixed with granola for lunch and then a regular dinner.  I've mixed in a pop around 3 pm for the last 5 days due to my training at work and may continue as long as my weight isn't going up because of it.  

The tricky thing for me has been the no hormones thing due to no parts.  The whole total hysterectomy just threw my body out of whack and one day I'm just where I want to be weight wise and 2 weeks later I'm up 8 pounds.  That really freakin bites.  I think (knock on wood) that I've finally gotten the dosage right where it needs to be on my topical lotion which is 1/8th of what they prescribed for the lotion.  If I were using the full dosage - I'd weigh 220 pounds by now.  Seriously.  It threw me ALL out of wack.

But over the last 6 weeks, and really just the last couple of days is when I realized it, this dab has done the trick.  So hopefully with the holidays and snacks behind us and Cabo ahead of us... it will continue to work in my favor.

I'm not sure what excuse Jeffy Pooh has... but even the knowledge of him knowing it's easier for guys to lose weight than girls doesn't inspire him.  No matter where we're at weight wise - come Cabo Time... it is what it is!

The countdown is on baby!!!



No comments: