Sunday, January 29, 2012

Changes A Comin'

Today was laundry day.  Scratch that.  Today was "Lots of Laundry" day.  Bedding, bath mats, living room blankets... oh and let's throw some clothes on top of that.  And not only was it laundry day - it was also the EWU Football Banquet day.  I tried to get as much of the laundry done before we left for the banquet - and managed to get much of it done, but the bedding is still going.  What this means is that the sheets will be clean and I'll have blankets to cover me, but the comforter will go in as I'm heading to bed, which means that one of us is going to need to sleep fully clothed tonight since I'll be hogging all of the throw blankets. 

The banquet was the best one ever.  This is an inside joke and our friends the Haehl's and Williams know exactly why I say that.  In fact they went from prime rib to flank steak, ran out of mashed potatoes and Coach Hansen was missed when it came to the Senior salutes.  I was thankful when it ended (as were most of the boys who wanted to get home and study for tests, etc).  But I did spend some time, thinking about 12 months from now and what it is they will say about my boy.  And knowing that 12 months from now sports is all over for us until we are grandparents.  

We've changed jobs, where we live, added dogs, painted walls, torn down walls, won some and lost some and all of those things meant change.  Sometimes change is easy, other times hard and in 12 months - we will undergo a second major change in less than 5 months.  We will become "empty nesters" in September and then, just a few months later, will go to a final sports banquet.  

sh*t

I'm never going to be ready for this.


No comments: