Tuesday, January 24, 2012

This Wind Blows....

We were the recipients of a "nasty gram" from the USPS.  Apparently we had too much snow around our mailbox.  Snow that the county PUT there.  Unfortunately weather issues and mail service were not talking points in the State of the Union address tonight, so I had to send Jeff out to "clear up the situation".

But the good news is that the weather has warmed tonight, the wind is a blowin' and the forecast shows that it's going to stick around for several hours.  

I'm not fooled though.  It's gonna snow again.  And then it's going to rain again. And then probably snow again.  Then more rain.  And so on, so forth... Then sometime around mid-March or late April we'll get a burst of sunshine and we'll all think that spring has finally sprung and that summer is on the way.  But me?  I've lived in The Can long enough to know that that is just a teaser week and summer usually doesn't start until Hoopfest - the WORLDS largest 3-on-3 street basketball tournament, a company and event I am fortunate enough to have been a part of once upon a time.  But that's off topic. (But yahhhh Hoopfest!  Tis' the season.)

I thought earlier that I had several things to touch on today but now it's past my bedtime.  But I'll touch on a few of them:

1) To the guy that practically turned in to my car at the post office because he couldn't see past his stomach in the front seat - I saw tonight that the Biggest Loser is looking for contestants for their next go-round.  If I were you, I'd consider applying.  This is brutal I know, but when you have to remove your front seat completely to fit in the car... that's a problem.   So annoying.

2) I made a really decent dinner tonight.  Baked cod and asparagus.  YUM!  Right?  Right?  Well, you would agree if you too had poured a giant vat of hollendaisse sauce over both the cod and the asparagus like I did.  Though the asparagus was perfectly seasoned and didn't need the buttery, creamy, calorie filled sauce.  Urg.

3) Zachs medicine is no longer available through Shopko.  It's also not available through Group Health.  wtf?  I spent an hour and a half doing the work I think the doctors assistant should be doing in trying to find a pharmacy that will order it, that happens to be on our medical plan.  I found one - I hope.  The gal I talked to put in the order as I was talking to her, but she wasn't sure if her warehouse actually would send it and I'm to call back tomorrow after 2. This new job doesn't really allow me ANY time to do those kind of things so it was important to enjoy some time with Char after work.  Some of you know her... Char Donnay?  I don't know who came up with "an apple a day..." but I'm certain that wouldn't have helped me today at all.

4)  Go George Clooney and "The Descendants".  And while on the topic of movies.  Jeff and I saw "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" the other night.  I was stunned this morning that it was like 7th on the money making list after this weekend.  I think people think it's about 9-11, and it's just not.  Certainly that plays a part, but not how I think people are thinking it does.  It didn't grip either of us for most of the movie - but it wasn't a yawner - it kept you wondering a few things and how they would tie it all up.  And then it happens - and it all makes it worth it.  Really.  Really worth it.  Give it a chance.

And tomorrow... is Wednesday.  Silent cheer for Wednesday!!!




No comments: