Saturday, January 14, 2012

No No No... NO SNOW! Go Go Go... GO TEBOW!

Part I:

Snow is in the forecast for the next 9 days - ish.  Crap.  It's the middle of January, the man that eases in and out of chimneys has come and gone.  New Christmas sleds are already packed away because it's been a stagnant, sunny, sometimes cold winter.  I've been screwed out of the "9 month winter" - meaning my house isn't going up for sale any time soon.  So why's it gotta go and snow on us now?  That's just stupid.

Due to the forecast though - I thought I should probably go pick up the backyard.  Remember - we have 3 dogs, 3 very big dogs and they eat twice a day.  Their bathroom is our  backyard.  Right?  I went and picked it up a few weeks ago and "advised" both my spouse and youngest child that next time was their turn.  I realized today, that neither of them had gone out there yet so I bucked up after going to the club, going to get the air checked in my tires and then picking up more meds for my poor Boone who's limp is worse and we can't get in until Monday (ish... again).  I put on my winter boots, super warm fleece sweats, hat... and went to task.  

I told someone earlier - "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."  Well sure as shootin' (I could take that another direction), it has!  I spent and hour out picking up FROZEN pooh... which *seemed* heavier and also meant I had to make more trips to the waste bin because... well, if you have dogs and you can imagine frozen pooh - you know.  So I am now stronger.  

But Zach is getting stronger now too because when my nose froze and my arms and legs had had enough - I sent him out to do the back 40.  "Hey," I told him, "that UW sweatshirt wasn't FREE that just arrived yesterday."  So... that worked out nicely.

Part II:
I know it's unrealistic to think that the Broncos can win today against the Pats...  BUT they were leading for a while the last time they played and Tom Brady has enough trophies for the time being.  Right?  

I'm a Broncos fan more than I am a Tim Tebow fan.  There's some stuff you see about him and it's moving as all get out.  He says and does a lot of really good things.  But sometimes I think it can't all be 100% legit.  Sometimes I think there's a bit of an act going on.  Sometimes.  But then there's this - and there are way more athletes that don't do stuff like this - than do.  That's gotta say something.



and then this:



Looking forward to some Tebow Time this afternoon and a few Mile High Salutes!  Let's gooooooooo!!!!  

No comments: