Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's a Gold Seal Day!

Dear Hallmark,

The next time I come in to one of your stores, please don't ask me if I need or want gold seals to go with my cards.  Because even though I have a drawer full of cards, usually I forget to apply the gold seal to the back of the envelope.  So today... while we were cleaning and organizing, paying bills and marking an "X" on the calendar for the "Countdown to Cabo" I came across these:


That's not all of them either.  In fact, I tossed some because they got all wrinkled and were sticking to other "strands" of gold seals.  The point I'm trying to make is - since buying cards and usually never sending them is an illness I have - it would help me if you told me personally that I would have to pay for the gold seals. 

On a good note though - I did manage to buy and send 4 January birthday greetings this month!  Each with a little sumpin' sumpin and I think two even got the gold seals.  And while I know my goal was merely to get birthdays remembered - I've for some reason, got a plethora of Valentines' cards that should probably make an appearance outside of the drawer - so this year is it.  Knock on wood.  Though if cards had an expiration date - these would have expired in 2003.  Early apologies to the receivers of these cards.

Well, big J has been patiently waiting for me to join in the talks of which movie to see this weekend... I want to see "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo", "Extremely Loud and..." or the Marky Mark movie.  HE wants to see the Marky Mark movie, (Who doesn't love Marky Mark?), "Mission Impossible 14" and "Extremely Loud...".  He will never finish a book so doesn't know how great "Dragon" will be.  So chances are, we are NOT going to agree on a movie, even though two of them are the same.

Part II:

Nickelback tickets secured.  Yesssssssssssssssssssss!

No comments: