Friday, March 9, 2012

Gone Too Soon...


Pat and his girls...
April 11, 1963 - March 9, 2012


Please say a prayer for Robin, Erin and Gina.  While cancer hasn't been forgiving to so many, including Pat and his family - everyone prayed this trip to the hospital was to help him get stronger to fight.  I never in a million years thought I would get the text I received today from Robin.  "He's gone."

He fought long and hard...  with strong will, determination and a family he so so loved and loved him back.  It's not fair, we cry.  And that is true. 

Jeff and I bought Robin and Pat bracelets a few years ago...  and I don't hesitate now to show you them and loudly exclaim - 


6 comments:

Lynne Kinnunen said...

So so sorry for your friends.

Anonymous said...

Cancer Sucks. Lost my dad to it too soon. Wish there were words to help. Hang in there prayers are being said for all.

Anonymous said...

I would love to know where you purchased those bracelets....
Please e-mail me at KyeJo@comcast.net.

Thank you. :-)
P.S. Love this posting...this song...these pictures....

Unknown said...

You bet - I'll email you and post it here so that anyone else that might want one or want to buy one for someone has the information as well!

http://store.fcancerembracelife.com/bracelets.html

Since we've bought Robin and Pat's nearly 4 years ago - it appears that they have started making copper bracelets as well!

Unknown said...

Cancer might be the most "evil" of diseases... You never hear survivors never say "it wasn't so bad". And I feel like even the survivors usually "meet" with that a-hole later on. I'm sorry you lost your dad too soon. I'm also sorry I couldn't think of a better word than "a-hole" to describe it right now!

Anonymous said...

I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your friend and will say a prayer for him and his family. My mom braved her battle against Ovarian cancer for 10 years and she kicked ass for years, But 2009 saw her tired and she left us. But what an amazing woman she was...sounds like your friend was so incredibly strong and brave and amazing as well.

TJ