Wednesday, March 14, 2012

At LAST! Something to Look Forward To!

March Madness, Baby!!

When Eastern football ends, we bide the time to the next football season by each day asking "How many more days til spring football?"  And then... "How many days til the first fall scrimmage?"  So we love football.  We love Cabo.  We love Cinco De Mayo.  And there's not a whole lot in between... except for March Madness!

I've got one bracket filled out, competing against 104 other brackets.  At $10 each.  Winner takes all.  I start out hopeful that I might do well and quickly realize that I'm going to have to suffice with beating Jeff and select others instead of taking home the moo-lah$$$.  

The other bracket I filled out was the Obama Bracket Challenge.  That one didn't cost anything and it came across on my Twitter feed - so it was just a matter of tapping the screen when we couldn't find anything to watch on TV last night.

My fun tonight - while sitting at the table for dinner with Ry and Suzanne, fresh off the plane from Arizona where they spent some fun in the sun... but failed to return with the sun in tow.  As they were filling out some brackets for their own challenge, I told Ryan that I selected BYU to win the whole thing.  Both Jeff and Ryan looked at me and I get TWO "Nu uhhhhh!" - "That's stuuu..." (as I grin rather largely at my success at duping them).  

Ryan's response:  "I'm gonna punch you."

Which warms this moms' heart because that's an endearment usually reserved for The Dad.

The Wizards' high school teammate is participating in March Madness - as the Montana Griz are in Albequerque for their first round matchup against Wisconsin!  Good luck to Shawn and the Griz!  Go Big Sky!

No comments: