Friday, March 16, 2012

Making The Turn

The pictures will stay on the wall.

The button will stay in my car.

The shirts will be worn on my back.

Though the memories are from younger years, they are mine to keep as long as I have the gift of memory.

The roller coaster of Pat's death a week ago, Zach's acceptance to the University of Washington yesterday, and knowing the 6 month anniversary of "September 16th" was today has weighed on me.  The sadness has outweighed the happiness - understandable.  But feeling elated yesterday for Zach was good.  It was as good as I've felt in a long time.  So I'm changing it up.  Today I can't do the "sad" song, even though it's still appropriate.  It's too soon. It's too soon - I battle with myself...

But for today - I choose to make the turn.  It has to start sometime.

I guess...




SFB 12/3/90 ~ 9/16/11

No comments: