Thursday, March 1, 2012

It All Went Down On 46th & Regal Today!

Two things you should know:  1) if a spider the size of your iris is in the same room as me, at any time - even if I'm sleeping... I will see it (yes, even in the dark - I will wake up and know it's there) and not be able to go back to sleep/to what I was doing until The Dad "gets" the spider.  And 2) if a large number of law enforcement vehicles come racing past us in the car - I have been known to ask The Dad to follow them... (large number could be 2, whatever), because something really awesome might be going on that I just don't want to miss!

Therein lies today's "story".

I was sitting all alone, minding my business, doing my work - because there's a whole lot of it when up on the roof there arose such a clatter... sorry, wrong story.  When after an absence that I wasn't aware of, my "roommate" at work came around to my side (this rarely happens) and says - "I can't believe you're sitting back here when all of the drama is going on outside the corner here."

A-PC: (Arachnaphobiac/Police Chaser) "What drama? Where"
RM: "Outside. On the street.  One guy even had his gun drawn."
A-PC:  "What?!  I love stuff like that.  Where?"
RM:  "Go look out the kitchen window."

I was getting a bit anxious because "How on earth did my little spider/police signal NOT alert me to this!!!"  

Sure enough - this is what I saw:


Now in this photo there is only one "cop" car.  The rest are all these really nice trucks.  I missed the whole "gun" thing, which probably would have made my entire "Daytona 500 Screwed My Week" week totally a thousand percent better.  These guys were wearing kevlar vests, and there was no freakin way to tell that their really cool trucks were unmarked, bad ass, cars.

Obviously - the people in the little car you can't see are serial killers.  Who brought drugs across the border.  After embezzling millions of dollars from a dry cleaning company.  Which is said to be owned by none other than Mafia madman, Junior Lollipops.  Who hasn't been seen in 18 years.

Obviously.

Okay - I don't know that for sure but obviously the man and woman - who was transported in a different car than the man - and not wearing shoes, are not thought of highly by the Men in Trucks.  The Man didn't fight it and went willingly to the transport vehicle.  She didn't either when her car came.  The thing she did, that he didn't do... was cry.  

How did I get the picture you ask?  I RACED to my desk to get my iPhone that iLove.  Snapped a few photos and then tweeted them to the news stations who were painfully slow getting there.  I was just going to send it to Jeff, but everyone else was telling the poor receptionist to call the news stations and let them know.  <shrug>  

For the sake of story telling... Now that I think about it, while I was sitting at my desk, I heard a few "popping" sounds, but never in a million years thought that Detective Sipowicz was out there shooting people.  :)  I'll know better next time.


2 comments:

Lynne Kinnunen said...

This one was great! I loved all of it. You are so clever. I loved "my iPhone that iLove." Also: A-PC; the paragraph that begins, "Obviously - The people. . ."; and Detective Sipowicz. I am going to forward this to friends. Loved it!

Anonymous said...

Great story. I love the "iPhone that iLove" also. Sad people get themselves into these messes though. You're a good reporter. Maybe the news stations should hire you!