Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What do Eggs & Ice Cream Have In Common?

Uhhh... Nothing.  Other than I've never really liked either of them.

Okay, I have to be honest here.  I actually DO like eggs.  In cookie dough.  But eating eggs - scrambled, hard boiled, poached, fried... just has never been for me.  I liked deviled eggs as a kid and might have one if it's the only thing offered at a gathering - but mostly... "No thank you" to eggs.

And then along came an article - just after "the manager guy" at the club was telling me nearly verbatim what his wife did when she got close to my age and "weight, stomach... <whine whine whine> ...no matter what I do..." just like I've been doing for a while now - that after she worked out, she would go home in the morning and have 2 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon.  And she started losing weight.

Hmmmm... Eggs huh?  <sigh>  I knew bacon wasn't going to be in the cards during the week because we get home and it's a race to get ready for work and bacon takes longer to make.  So... The Dad scared up some eggs for us - though I changed up my plan from "Club Man's" plan and just have one.  And you know what?  Since I've started the egg thing, combined with the foam roller ab stuff - I've lost nearly 8 pounds!  So that's something... Eggsactly!

Now the other thing I don't love - unless it's hot outside, is ice cream.  I'm always cold and in fact, right now, I can barely feel my fingers.  I freaking HATE the cold!  Hate it... and the hate manifests itself to hate EVERYTHING that's cold.  I can't tell you how much I HATE being cold.  And ice cream makes me cold.  And ice cream IS cold!

But the other day - we were walking through Rosauers and guess what?  First off -  I went shopping and it was one of the "bigger" shopping trips.  It was that decent day about 10 days ago and I left the house with my north face vest on.  I realized that that was stupid as I was heading in to Rosauers since it's always so cold in there.  But an amazing thing happened!  While I was walking down the crackers/snacks aisle I began to warm up. And as I turned the corner onto the ice cream aisle - I was freakin' HOT!  It wasn't because they had turned on the heaters... no... just an unsuspecting hot flash!  Right there... right by the ice cream.  So I did what I do when I go to the store hungry and bought the food closest to me... which happened to be ice cream. 2 gallons of ice cream.  I texted Zachy to see what flavor he liked so that I could make it more about him than me...  <shrug>.

Fast forward 8 days later - when amazingly I remember the ice cream in the freezer!  That day I bought the ice cream, was the same day I hunted and found "Black Cohosh" (derived from a root) to take to help  ease the hot flashes.  And it's amazing!!!  I have VERY few hot flashes thanks to the black cohosh!  I realized while looking for it at three different supplements stores that there are a LOT of people taking black cohosh.  In fact, my plan is to go and pick up a few bottles a week for a few weeks so I don't run out and have to wait for it since every other woman in Spokane is snatching these off the shelves!

Needless to say - the ice cream sat there, all alone in the freezer, with no one remembering it.  Until we did!  So even though I haven't been having hot flashes, I have found that a nice warm blanket, on a nice warm spot on the leather couch, allows one to "feel" rather warm, therefore faking me into believing I need ice cream.  But the whole ice cream thing leaves me feeling guilty towards the eggs!  I mean... there's a reason I'm eating the eggs!

So I ran further the last two mornings, ate my wheat toast and orange for lunch and have thus far, not hurt myself with the ice cream.  But going to the store hungry is not good and apparently now... going to the store with the potential for hot flashes, also not ideal.

There's only one thing a woman can do in these circumstances!  Make The Dad do it!

And I will.  It's the best thing for everyone involved.  Just so long as he buys the exact brands that I write down for him to buy.  <sigh>

No comments: