Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back On My Feet & Another Call From Unemployment... Seriously?

First day and not much time to come up for air.  I was not at my new desk much today so don't have much lay of the land there... but I've met a lot of people, filled out paperwork, and feel like I could somewhat navigate my way around the various programs I'll be using daily.  I kept telling myself - "You will learn this.  You always have before.  You're not THAT old."  But crikey there were moments I wondered if I would get it all down.  In fact, in those moments I found myself wishing my bladder wasn't so dang large so that I could escape to the bathroom for a breath...


When the I.T. guy set up my computer today he told me it was no surprise I was coming, so my email was up and running and filled with 47 emails when I first logged on.  Half of them from my new manager with revisions to contracts and programming that needed to be made.  "Uhhhh Lynn... I know I said I was a quick learner.... but how about you start sending these to me on Day 2... or so.?"  :)

So tonight, Jeff prepared the boys for "Hurricane Mom" and cooked... by sending cash with Ry to get some pizza.  Not just any pizza, but the pizza mom loves.  So we munched on Famous Eds/David's Pizza and I filled him in on the what's, when's etc.  But before that, I was set at ease when my oldest texted wanting to know if the dishes in the dishwasher were dirty (shrug) and after a few exchanges I figured he had figured it all out.  He was beaming when he got home from dinner with friends tonight that he had taken the time to clean up their dishes today... what he didn't relay is how he left the entire loaf of bread on the counter, in reach of my cat-dogs.  So... we're one loaf shy for sandwiches this week and you can believe that.  If you question it, just come sit next to any one of those thieves and you're sure to be able to smell...  

On a less than desirable note - I had a message from my asian friend Jennifer with the Unemployment Department.  It seems my previous supervisor told them that I no-showed for work on the 9th of September... the day they DID NOT pay me for.  ANNNNDDDD... that I'd already told "Jennifer" (if that's her real name) that I did not go on the 9th as originally anticipated because LISA POPLAWSKI told me if I wrapped up my projects and was "done" not to stick around twiddling my thumbs.  (Meaning, don't cost me more money by having nothing to do.)  Anyhow... I get to leave "Jennifer" a voice message with whether what Lisa stated was in fact truth or fiction.

My advice to you is - if you EVER feel like you might need to claim unemployment... EVER...  consider theft instead.  Probably easier and if caught, you'd probably serve time and STILL get out before anything was approved!  Egads!

PICK ONE already!

No comments: