Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friday Friday Friday....

I missed my first day - dang!  So looks like I'll have to make up for it.  I did make it 59 days before that happened.

But Friday happened and I had such hopes for it too!

Been learning the new job and felt like I was in a good spot going into Friday and then WHAM!  Friday happened.  I was anticipating attacking this new "part" of my job and looking forward to my first paycheck which was refreshing to get... but then some isht crashed in on my "plan" of attack for work.  So the program changes I wanted to hit on first thing in the morning didn't happen until the end of the day and I confirmed something back to a rep firm before I was supposed to through our electronic program - which isn't life or job threatening, it's just I like to do stuff right!

So I was ready for 5p to hit because I felt crushed.  I have always been quick to learn things and yesterday I felt like I wasn't getting it - one part of it anyhow... a part that just happens to be pretty big.  It's like Jeff says though, it's not like I'm trying to learn some secretarial, clerical, reception kind of position.  It's not that kind of position.  It's live media, daily deadlines, keeping track of money, spots, what feels like a gazillion clients and even more procedures.  <sigh>

So the paycheck was nice because at SPS - it felt like they dinged us for everything.  Union fees always went up, insurance my first year to cover the family was $274 out of my check.  By the time I left there it was $784.  Stupid.  Now Jeff covers the boys at half the price it would have cost me at SPS AND mine are fully covered here.  So there's that.  But at SPS we got paid once a month so after that wad of cash came out for benefits, union fees, and all of the other little things that they pulled out - my one check - was less than the one I received yesterday - which is one of two I'll get a month.  So that - was AWESOME!

After work I went to pick up Z-Man's prescription and they said the doctor had called it in wrong.  They said they'd put it back to the doctor for the right name and that came in, but then they spent what felt like 40 minutes "processing" it.  

By the time I got out of there and pulled in to the drive through at the bank (you know the deal where you can't have the first paycheck direct deposited... grrrr) at 5:56 and they all just looked at me.  So I was sitting in my car, knowing they were all inside saying "Really? C'mon lady!"

Jeff called at that moment too, wondering where I was and sounded exasperated because we were meeting people and were now running late.  So that's exactly what I need right now... more pressure.  Neato.

It actually took a few sips from a second glass of wine to finally relax me - a glass I didn't finish because by the end of the day, night... FRIDAY... it was just plain hard enough to raise my eyebrows by that point.  So when we got home - I called it a day.  And at 2:37 AM - Saturday (today) I woke up realizing I didn't post on Friday.  So I'm starting out Saturday with fitful sleeps from 2:37am on.  Fiddlesticks.

<Gasp> Oh... but good news.  Those damn cubic zirconium's are OUT! <sigh of relief>

No comments: