Friday, January 13, 2012

Lights Out?

It was a Friday (today) and I was listening to Pandora on my computer at work.  I had been sort of putting off a part of this job that I thought was going to be uber time consuming and something that I didn't actually get "formal" training on... so I was a bit apprehensive.  Anyhow, after I got back from lunch with the great Linda and Greg (& Rita too) I took those two piles to task!  And I found that it's super easy!  So that prompted me to turn up my music a little louder and tap my foot while I processed those things.

Anyhow - at some point I heard someone talking but I didn't think they were talking to me and I couldn't see from back in my cubicle/office area who it was.  And to be honest... my music was loud enough to drown out the "background" noise in the hall.  So whoever it was re-spoke and asked me if I was so bogged down that I was staying.  I finally stood up and it was the G.M. and I laughed and said no, was just working through something that I knew I could bust through.  He stopped for a few seconds, chatted and then said "Have a nice weekend."

I sat back down and looked at my clock - it was about 4:38.  I realized then, that when I stood up, the hallway lights were out.  So I stood back up and went to see uhhhh... what was up.  Lights out throughout the lobby, our offices, down the hall, accounting... gone.  Poof.  People were gone.   Sure the programming and master control people were still downstairs, but upstairs?  Me.  It made me wonder if I should look at my employment papers to see if Friday's 5:00 p.m. was something more like 4:30.  I mean... it was o' dark thirty at the office.  Everyone was gone.  I was pleasantly surprised BUT wanted to get through one of the piles so tapped to my fabulous shuffle of Pandora stations.

I've never worked somewhere before where lunches aren't semi scheduled or timed... and certainly,  no one was leaving and shutting off lights before E.O.B.  This prompted me to then get all warm and fuzzy inside... made me feel like doin' the hand jive - then and there.  So "Grease" was the next station I typed in on Pandora.

Hope you have one heckuva hand jivin' night!  I'm off to play couples bunco, minus my couple counterpart.  He's off playing in a racquetball tournament leaving me and Wack to fend for ourselves.  Good news is, when it's couples bunco - that means I don't have to cook dinner!  Yee haw!

HAND JIVE!



No comments: