Monday, November 5, 2012

10... 20... 25... 27.

My favorite numbers are 3, 6, 7, 12...  not 10, 20, 25, 27...

But 27 is the number of the day.  THIS day.  November 5, 2012.

On November 5, 1985 - The Dad and I started being boyfriend/girlfriend for the first time.  I had recently turned 16, he was about to turn 18 and that's all she wrote.  Here we are, 27 years later.

And boy howdy do I have plans for him tonight!

First - when he gets home from his last minute, impromtu interview I will make sure to lift my head up from it's perch on the couch and try to see over the half wall to make eye contact and ask "Well?"

Then, as he walks around the half wall to see me, I have carefully planned to remove my legs from the straight, cuddly position they will be in on the couch, to the edge as if I'm going to attempt to sit up.

I can already see him getting a twinkle in his eye and perhaps think of getting a little flirty with me, so THEN I'm going to pull the comfy, cozy, favorite Pottery Barn blanket off of me and actually SIT up.  I know... I know... it's almost overkill on the seduction scale... but the guy and I have been together 27 years and this kind of magic - well, not everyone has this.

He'll sit down and tell me about the interview, while I sit up, smooth my hair, wipe the drool from my mouth and give him that shy smile...  Anything to make him feel loved, warm and fuzzy!

Once he's done telling me about it, I'll scootch in a little bit and ask him if he'd rather have leftover pizza or maybe a hot dog for dinner?  After I tell him where he can find those, I'll run my hands through his hair, give him a peck on the cheek and tell him 27 times that I love him.

Then I'll tell him to hurry up and warm up his dinner so we can start "Dexter" from last night.  

And so tonight... we start the next 27 years.  And I'm sure he'll agree, this is a pretty good way to start them!


1 comment:

christalovesotto said...

Happy Anniversary to you two! Hope you have 27 more years of bliss <3