Friday, February 17, 2012

Three Day Weekend!

Everybody's workin' for the 3-day weekend!  Well, maybe not everyone... but I am!  With the exception that the usually not spot-on meteorologists are forecasting some doom and gloom wintery weather for the next 24 hours.  I suppose I shouldn't get upset about it - they haven't been right once this year.

It's practically March - I'm SO done with snow.  I know I shouldn't complain because we really didn't have ANY this winter - but still - I'm so so so SOOOO done with snow.

Today and yesterday have been my most "down" days at work - which has been nice because I felt so inept for what felt like a really long time.  Maybe it's not entirely that it's slowed down so much, but rather, it's that I've learned the bulk of what I need to know, how to process, make good, find traffic, figure out who buyers are and so on.  There were times I just didn't know if I was going to learn it... and I know there's more to come.  But these quiet-er days leading into the holiday weekend allowed me some time to sort through the mounds of stuff that was here from the previous gal and whittle it down to what was good, could be purged, etc.  So I feel pretty righteous.

Until...

First of all - my "office" area is right next to our IT guys "closet".  He's not an I.T. Geek at all as far as appearance, not even relatively close to my I.T. husband...  he wears cowboy boots and some hat kind of like an "Indiana Jones" hat, flannel shirts and jeans.  I won't go into any other detail, other than to say - today - he went in, didn't shut his door all the way and flat out belched!  I mean.... vile.  Gross.  Fortunately Meg (the other side of our space) heard it and loudly exclaimed "Oh, No.  Gross.  Unacceptable."  I said "Ya, right?  Glad it isn't just me."  She said that he does that from time to time and she'll tell him it's gross, makes her sick...  that she even talked to his wife about it one time.

Shortly after that - he left for the day.

I've never seen (heard) such vulgarness in the workplace...  I get it enough at home with Zach who will tell me near daily that "Farts are funny mom."  But, I changed his diapers, he peed on us as an infant... I can mostly handle farts at my house.  But burps that sound like diarreah, or worse - at work?  Notsomuch.

I see a martini in my future.  Or two.  Enough to keep the dreams of co-workers with disgusting bodily sounds from finding their way into my night.

Ewwww....  just gross.

 




No comments: