Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Awe Bananas!

Number one - It's "Monday".  Even though it's Tuesday, and a short week - I was finding a very good reason to skip the club this morning and snuggle up with Dan The Dog in bed just to get another hour of sleep before needing to get ready for work...  but I fought myself and "self" won because, much as I hate it, "self" knows that I have so much  more energy if I work out early in the morning.  And usually, I wish I had gone earlier once I get halfway through my workout.

Number two - I don't love getting the FAFSA's filled out and submitted each year... just one of those deadline things that HAS to get done by a certain time and regardless of scholarships and various grants, etc - they STILL have to be submitted for the two boys.  But the "banana's" of this particular post is that I had to fill it out THREE times this weekend... and it's one of the final things to do for as we head in to "Senior Spring".  Sure there's planning Zachs' graduation party, deciding which school and sending deposits and room questionnaires... but that's fun stuff.  FAFSA?  Not so much.

Number three - we learned last year that traveling out of country - is best if done by "carry on".  At least, if you're going somewhere warm.  I found last year that I didn't use half the shoes, shirts, jackets... that I thought I might need... So we knew coming home that this year we would all carry carry-on baggage.  Well... the one legit carry on that we have has bit the dust.  Ryans' trip to St. Louis and home was the last trip that particular piece wanted to take.  So we went shopping for new carry on bags this weekend... and I found some really pretty bags, bags with special wheels, ultra lite bags, bags with patterns, bags with two handles and super special toiletries compartments.  They were all on sale at Macy's but holy travel bags, Batman, if they call those sale prices - well, Jeff might just have to take the clothes he wears on the plane.  <snort>  I shouldn't say that out loud... he might actually consider it.  

Last "Banana" of the day...  I have a Costco/Rosauers house full of food and no clue what to make for dinner.

Blech... banana's.






No comments: