Saturday, February 18, 2012

Less Hair Day

I have less hair today.

Many weeks ago I asked both oldest Minn boy and middle Minn boy what their plans were for their spring breaks.  Me, The Mom said that we would help them out if they were wanting to venture out with their friends and to the elder boy, knowing his spring break is close to ours - offered up Cabo.  I told them I had to know within a few weeks.  So I asked them the other day what was what - and middle said he was working on something and oldest said he didn't want to go to Mexico.

Done.

Fast forward to 4:46 pm today and a text asking if he can go with us.  

MOTY - You're effing with me, right?  Dad says you're effing with me.  
22YO -  No.  Just didn't want to go with the other people.
MOTY - Uhhhh.... uhhhh.... quickly tapping and clicking on airlines and AAA Travel.  I ask a few more questions - regarding spring football, spring semester... etc.  And have yet to hear back from 22 year old son.

Of course - that's because he's napping before the prefunking begins in College Town tonight.  What's one more day?  Right...  Except for the same fun experience of getting a passport is likely going to come in to play as last year, when Gaggy wasn't a real baby.  

For those who don't know that story:  Jeff was adopted.  His parents never had a real live copy of his birth certificate - which you have to have to apply for a passport.  He was born in Anaheim, CA and to get his birth certificate - after 28 years or something we had to go through Sacramento.  The guy in Sacramento told Jeff it would take 8 weeks to get the certificate to him and was downright rude.  I then took to the phones and got the same jackass.  The issue was, we were leaving for Cabo in 7 weeks, so... with 8 weeks Sacramento processing and expedited passport processing (3+ weeks), Zach and I would have gone and back and Jeff still wouldn't be able to go for three more weeks... I told Jeff to keep calling back until he didn't get jerkoff man and to say precisely "this" and told him what to say.  He finally got a gal on the line and told her part what I said and the other part his part.  <cringe>  But it worked and nice lady sent it right out to us after Jeff sent something overnight to her.  When it came - I proclaimed "Oh my goodness honey!  You're a real baby!"   

Unlike his parents - I do know where ALL of the birth certificates are for everyone in this house.  But the clock is ticking on the 22 year old now.

And... like I should have expected I just got this text:

"Ok. Let me sleep on it."

No comments: