Saturday, February 25, 2012

Think Spring? Think Not!

"The storm starts, when the drops start dropping
When the drops stop dropping then the storm starts stopping"
~Dr. Suess

Thumbs Down:  Good ole' Snowkane.  Kudos to our local meteorologists for NOT forecasting this storm that's got the city officials urging us all NOT to go out driving because of multiple slide offs and accidents... and power outages, street light power outages and more snow than we've gotten all winter.  Bravo I say... Bravo!

There should be an award for the news stations around the country that flub up the forecast the most.  

Thumbs Up: WSU President Floyd.  Thanks for bringing in my blue eyed boy and all of his Cougar compadres from the elements and providing them with warm drinks after their camp out last night for todays game against UW.  Way to take care of our Cougar cubs!  

Thumbs Down: Television programming.  There's nothing to watch while we're under house arrest by the city officials.

Thumbs Up:  Scratch above.  I completely forgot that I recorded but have not yet watched "Grey's Anatomy" from this past week!  

Thumbs Up:  Family Fun!  The very welcomed opportunity to hit the town... okay... Morty's, last night with many of the Turkey Bowl participants - kids too!  Dinner, catching up, kids exit and then a few more cocktails.  We really need one of those "Beam me up" devices so that we can spend much more needed time with the people in Vancouver.  

Thumbs Down:  Okay.  I've talked about her before... But "Boobs" was at the club yesterday with a new hairstyle.  She might actually be attractive if she wasn't always checking herself out.  I would say she's been coming to the club since last August and she's had the "ladies" since that time.  So my question is:  WHY does she keep looking at them the way she does?  It would be one thing if it was discreet in the  mirror or something - and perhaps she thinks it is, but I'm sure she's going to have neck problems from looking down so much.  So... is she afraid they're going to fall out/off?  Is she still so in awe of them and herself nearly 8 months later? (That would be assuming she got them right before she started coming to the club... not likely).  I'm not jealous or anything - I am one of the people that has never had a desire to have breast augmentation done.  I would rather be flat... much to my husbands dismay.  But c'mon... enough already.  Some day, I'm going to get on a machine next to her and after the ohhhh...  18th or 19th time she checks on her jewels I think I might just say "I noticed you got a breast reduction... how long was it before you could work out again.?"


I missed yesterday... Thumbs Down.  I worked all day, had lunch with friends (thumbs up), worked late... not going there right now...  what a day!  Home, foot rub from Gaggy to help me relax and then off to Mortys.  I talked to The Dad about needing to write my daily "spot" when I got home - but the black, brown and yellow dogs were all so happy to see me and I felt it was more important to give them what they so often give me...

Thumbs Up:  Love love love...  

The weather has now dictated that some laundry should get done... 

And to think I was starting to feel like maybe the Cabo trip wasn't nearly as warranted this year as it was last year due to such tame weather this winter.  This pretty much puts that thought out of commission.  





No comments: