Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Sac Legacy... or is that "Sock" Legacy

Once upon a time - when I worked for a school in the school district, we got a "new guy" after I'd been there 3 years already.  He is Gaggy's age and we became fast friends.  One day, when he was still fairly "green" I noticed 1) his pants were riding a little high around his ankles and 2) his socks certainly didn't match his outfit.  I'm pretty sure he could tell you what I said verbatim at that moment - but he's not here, so I'm sure it was something like this:

CWOTY - "Did you know that you put on socks that don't match your outfit this morning?"
GUY 1: - (Looking down) - "Well, ya."
CWOTY - "You do know, that they in fact, do not match, right?"
GUY 1: - "They don't?  Well, then what matches this?"

This was followed up with a different color matching scenarios - lesson.  Which he learned from!

He walked away a little stunned and probably hurt, but for months - made sure I recognized his socks.  In fact - here's a text I received from him a week or so ago:


A few years after that... along comes Peter.  Peter came up with some crazy outfits and much like with Greg - I asked him if his wife actually let him leave the house dressed the way he did sometimes.  He actually has shoes that LOOK like Ronald McDonald shoes.  I'm not lying.  Pete's issues are a little more concerning but he did a pretty good job of trying to make sure he wasn't mismatched... much.  There was a time I asked Peters wife if she knew what he arrived to work wearing and she said sometimes, she just lets him go without saying a thing because HE THINKS HE LOOKS GOOD.  Which makes me love love love Patty!

But this morning I get this text from Peter:


I knew immediately that this meant Pete's socks didn't match his outfit... or even his shoes.  If you'll note the bottom part of his text (in white) he openly tells me what he is wearing.  What he doesn't mention...

Is that his pants are green.  So I sent a message to the ones that now openly admit to checking their socks when getting dressed asking if Peter thought he was...


The Joker.  Because the only other thing I can think of when I hear purple and green is "Barney" and cash.

It's nice to know, that even though I'm no longer there, and one day, will not be here... that my sock legacy will live on...  for a while anyhow.


No comments: