Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bon Bons for Lunch?

Okay.  Here it is.  Gripe-fest 2012.  I'll start it out with:  "I love my husband... buuuuut..."

I come home for lunch each day and this is what I do:

- Turn up the heat
- Let the dogs outside
- Go fill up their water dish
- Let them in
- Give them a dog treat (carefully... because by this time of the day, if Jack hasn't had even a breadcrumb, he begins to act as though he's being starved by us.)
- Start a load of laundry
- Fold a load of laundry
- Sort laundry - usually every other day
- Come upstairs and unload the dishwasher OR load it.  Always load it.
- Determine and usually proceed to figure out what dinner I'll be making, and often times start it in the crockpot.
- Determine "There's nothing good to eat in this house" for my break.
- Find something that's not worth eating and warm it up.  
- Watch it cool down as I sit down to write this entry
- Do my dishes
- Say goodbye to the starving canines
- Back to work

THENNNNNN.... I come home after several more hours of busy busy work, usually don't get my coat off until I've started making dinner, made sure Zach has fed the dogs, I let the dogs in, pick up whatever they've pulled throughout the house, empty bathroom garbages (because Dan really likes to pull garbage out of the bathrooms and carry it around.  Neat. O.), back to the kitchen to finish making dinner, take off my coat, empty kitchen garbages and usually empty the now clean, should have been run last night, dishes out of the dishwasher - again.  

I work out at 6 in the morning and often times have to fold laundry after dinner.  I'm kind of busy.

So today - Jeff calls me whilst I'm doing all of the downstairs things and it just so happens that this evening I have some gals coming over around 6... so I have to have food, wine, etc prepped by then and I get off work at 5.  (Yes, it usually only takes a minute and 34 seconds to get home, assuming I can turn on to Regal)  Therefore today, amongst all of the usual stuff I do, I had to do the wood floors.  He asked what I was doing?  I told him the same stuff I do every day at lunch.  It doesn't sink in.  It. Does. Not. Sink. In.  PERIOD.  

Yes - he makes Zach's lunch in the morning and yes, he cleans up dinner - because thanks to my sister Tami - she instilled the "You cook, you don't clean" motto here.  Though it did take him several years to pick it up and run with it.  And even now, dinner might sit on the counter from 6:30 p until 9:00 before it gets cleaned up.  Double neato.  

But it's not like I come home at lunch and just wait for his call.  It's not like I'm sitting here - eating bon bons.  

I told someone earlier - it sure would be nice to be a man.  And he said "Yah, sometimes we have to lift heavy things."

Okay.  Gripe-fest, February 7, 2012 is officially over.

After I do the second half of the list above.

Anyone got anything heavy that needs lifting?  I know someone who's available from about 6:30 - 9:30 nightly.  :)






No comments: