Saturday, February 4, 2012

Superbowl Commercial Time!!

We're a day away from one of THE main events of television - the Superbowl Commercials.  Yes, I just capitalized "commercials" because they are really - their own event, title, show with an impressive number of people that watch "the game" solely for the commercials. 

After this one last year though - I don't even think the Matthew Broderick "Bueller" spin off can compete...


This should win the Oscar of Commercial Land this year...  seriously... best commercial ever.  Though the E-Trade baby getting punished by "the establishment" for riding the dog is right up there too.  Remember when they used to be kinda creepy?  

<shrug>

Until tomorrow.   

By the way - I'm rooting for Eli and the Giants.  Period.  I love Tom Brady's collegiate and road to NFL story - it's the way it should be in a time when players quit their teams when they lose their starting spots and go somewhere where they don't have to earn the spot they've just taken from someone else.  He stuck with it, he worked hard and he earned respect and showed amazing character while doing it.  That being said - he has 3 Superbowl wins already AND it totally bummed me out when he up and left his pregnant girlfriend, Bridget Moynahan several years ago in favor of some uber model named Gisele.  Lame.  

In fact, the Superbowl shouldn't be won by SuperLame - ever.  The end.  

Besides, the Manning brothers make the best commercials - can you imagine the ones that could be made if Eli and his team win?  That would be awesome.

On another note - Is pulling out the new carry on luggage and washing my summer clothes this weekend - too premature for a trip that's not for several weeks?  Dang if this sunshine isn't giving me spring fever.  And I know better... this is only February in Spokane.  It can snow here up until June 10th.  True story - happened just a few years ago.  I'm doing my part though - I pulled down ALL of the snowmen decorations off the top of the cabinets today, crammed them into the "Christmas" closet today and pulled out the 3 valentines decorations I own.  I'm "willing" warmth.  Or maybe I'm willing candy hearts, but either way - it beats snowmen!

Cue the Imperial March...






No comments: