Saturday, December 3, 2011

When it rains... I will stand by you.

So today is December 3, 2011.  I know 4 people who celebrate birthdays today... our good friends Cheri and Jim and our nieces - Katie and Sarah.  I won't post Cheri's age here, in part because I'm not ENTIRELY sure where she's at on her "age journey", but also because we women usually try to stay 29 for a few years.  It's a Leap Year kind of gig.  Jim is over the half century mark...  and doesn't look a day over 51.  

Katie and Sarah are sisters.  They will always share a birthday, though they won't do so again in person.  For those who "followed" me on Facebook this past September and October, you know that Sarah was taken from her family all too soon.  Today she would be 21.  
(Today 12/3/11 - flowers and balloons were laid at the crash site... the arrangement continues to grow.)

I've been torn all week with "today" on the horizon.  I don't want to step on anyones toes by remembering Sarah and also by sharing concern and heartache and hope for Katie today, her 19th birthday.  But life has been allowed to go on for far too long - with turmoil, hate and anger between my big sis and I - so thick that even through this tragedy it couldn't be undone.  A part of me believed that it could be so, that we would find our way back to each other through this because so many people say that these are the things that bring people back together.  I was naive, and have been many times in my life, but knowing that doesn't make it hurt any less.

I can't imagine the pain she is in today.  Such a conflicting time I would think...  It's a birthday for her youngest daughter still, yet she has been robbed of the opportunity to celebrate a milestone in Sarah's life.  

This song is for my sister.  I may forever be naive and a dreamer, and I'm okay with that.  We're all built differently and with our own personal strengths and weaknesses...  Someday the anger and hate will fade... hopefully sooner than later.


If anything, let her know that Sarah is the person behind these words.  That she is there for her mom to provide strength to live and be happy.  


It’s like a storm
That cuts a path
It’s breaks your will
It feels like that
You think your lost
But your not lost on your own
Your not alone
I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you’ve done all you can do
If you can’t cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I wont let go
It hurts my heart
To see you cry
I know it’s dark
This part of life
Oh it finds us all
And we’re too small
To stop the rain
Oh but when it rains
I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you’ve done all you can do
And you can’t cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I wont let you fall
Don’t be afraid to fall
I’m right here to catch you
I wont let you down
It wont get you down
Your gonna make it
Yea I know you can make it
Cause I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you’ve done all you can do
And you can’t cope
And I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I wont let go
Oh I’m gonna hold you
And I wont let go
Wont let you go
No I wont

No comments: