Monday, December 12, 2011

Big Day Tomorrow

Interview for a new gig at 11:AM...  I've not been very forthcoming with details on this because I don't want to jinx it.  Of course... jinxing may not have a hoo haw to do with anything - because plain and simple, jobs are hard to come by these days.

I'd love to stay and chat, but we're on our third episode tonight of "Dexter".  We are, with this episode, halfway through the 3rd season.  The previous seasons will all be gone from On Demand on 1/3/2012 - so the clock is ticking.

More tomorrow.




Tomorrow:  Now Today.


Out of 150 applicants I made the top 6.  A decision will be made by weeks' end... and while I feel like it went amazingly well - I am reasonably certain that I will not be the candidate selected for the position.  Why?  Because out of the 6 of "us",  two are in house, 1 is coming from a competitor, 1 has previous experience and then there's me and unnamed - unreferred to "other".  


While I'd love to think there's still a chance, I think that experience or simply already working for the company plays a key role here.  Granted, this was not the case at Spokane Public Schools... I think for a smaller company, it's probably realistic to think as much.


So I'm a little deflated because I got the tour and the people were great and the building was WARM and it's totally a challenge and something new!  And because I am having an ongoing struggle around 2:pm each day to NOT turn the TV on to get myself hooked on General Hospital, Sonny, Carly, Jason and bon bons.  


Speaking of bon bons... 


Until Friday.


No comments: