Tuesday, December 13, 2011

We could be best friends...

Once upon a time, on February 11th, 2011 - my phone upgrade was up and for once I was going to be able to use MY UPGRADE on ME!  (Those of you with children of cell phone carrying age KNOW what I'm talking about!)  I was very happy with my Droid and my whatever I had before THAT, phones.  It was all the rage that on THAT VERY DAY, Verizon was going to be able to sell and provide service to the iPhones.  I really didn't need an iPhone and I wasn't sure I really wanted one... but I could HAVE one so I told Jeff I was going to stop at Verizon on the way to work if the line wasn't ridiculous.

Not only was the line not ridiculous - there was NO LINE!  But I drove on.  I really knew that it was just a whim and I probably had no real good excuse to go get that phone.  I got to work and called Jeff and told him that I didn't stop, that it was silly for ME to get such an involved phone.  He told me to go back... as did 3 of my co-workers.  I prodded around for a bit and finally said "OK!" and off I went back to Verizon.  There were now 2 other customers in the store and 18 employees to help all 3 of us.  I got my phone, went back to work and tucked her in for the day - I knew she was going to take time to "learn" how to use.  Unlike for my youngest, Mr. Technology who knows almost everything there is to know about Apple products.  

I should now back up and let everyone know that THAT particular child wanted an iPhone in THE WORST way... and here I came home with one.  He didn't talk to me for a week.  But it was MY UPGRADE.  (He since has gotten an iPhone, though will never let me live down that I got mine first.)

That night - while I was playing with my phone - Jeff typed this on his Facebook page: "Should I be concerned that my wife just looked at her phone and said 'I love you.'?"  And I had.  And I did.  And I do.  BUT...

Jeff is the techie geek at work and his phone rep sent him two phones to "play" with and demo for a few weeks.  One of them is the new sleek, super skinny, but longer than my iPhone, droid kind of phone.  The other is the iPhone 4S.  He gets to play with Siri.  I do not have Siri.  I didn't think I cared about Siri.

Until today.

We went to work out at the club and when he came home and I made a mention about trees getting watered, laundry to do and started the dishes... he knew I was hinting at something - so he trodded back to make the bed.  (Good boy!)  But while he was doing that and showering I decided to ask Siri a few questions.

Me:  Siri, is it cold outside?
Siri:  (Pops up the thermometer with 25 degrees showing and says) I would say so, yes.

Me: Siri, is there an Albertsons nearby?
Siri:  I have found 15 of them close to you.  (and she populated them all)

Me:  Siri, can you show me People Magazines most beautiful man?
Siri: Sure.  Try this search. (and up pops People)

Me:  Siri, is Jerry Sandusky guilty?
Siri: He's in the shower, I can't ask him right now.
(Okay, this isn't a real question, but I would ask it if Jeff hadn't hijacked Siri and taken her away from me already!)

Me:  Thank you Siri, you're great!
Siri:  I am very good, but not great.

She seriously said that.  I knew after talking to Siri today that we ARE going to be best friends in the near future.  Word has it you can trade in your iPhone 4 with a little upgrade fee $$$ to get her.  And I will... oh yes... I will.



Love you Siri!  Muah!

No comments: