Wednesday, December 28, 2011

1 Down - 11 To Go!

Today marks one month that I've been off of Facebook.  <silent cheer>


It was probably a good first month to be off - or easy - what with birthday shopping, Christmas decorating, more shopping, exchanging, parties, "extra" cooking with boys home, a trip over the mountains, laundry, more laundry, job hunting, Dexter... more Dexter...

So my "free" time that I might usually have been on Facebook, was easily taken up by other things.  So what does that mean for January?

Ryan doesn't head back until the 10th or so, but prior to that, he's being flown to St. Louis for some Fiji thing - he's in 7th heaven about the trip.  Zach will head back to school on the 3rd (I think) and Jeff is actually the Monday after that.  So, for the sake of argument - the first week of January should be much like December is/was.  Annnnd, if I'm fortunate, I'll also be working.

But then what?  Actually, I don't think it will be that hard.  I've done this before - twice - so it's really  not that hard.  In fact one time I came back on just so I could post pictures of sunny skies in Cabo.  That's going to be a hard one to pass up again this year, but I can post them here instead.  Another countdown is on!

But what else can help while away the time at home?  If only I could ask Siri...

<sigh>

In other news:  Zach was accepted to Seattle University... be we still wait on news from 

and that's not likely to come until sometime in March.  I've got a good feeling about it, but the waiting (is the hardest part)...  cue Tom Petty...

Other News Part 2:  Chicken with Rice soup is on the menu today (provided I can get my ars off this chair and into my crockpot and cutting board).

Other News Part 3:  My mom FINALLY, after YEARS of me prodding for them to change vets, shaking my head in disgust when I, by default, visited their vet with two lost dogs I collected and was told BY THEIR VET to bring them to them, and more - FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY took one of their dogs to our vet yesterday and sent me a message this morning that they will be switching all of their dogs (don't ask what that number is) to:
Lincoln Heights Veterinary Clinic, P.S.


www.lhvetclinic.com

Who doesn't occasionally relish the opportunity to say:

What a great way to cap of 2011!

No comments: