Wednesday, December 21, 2011

No Christmas Party Here, This Year... but



In 11 years here, we've hosted a Holiday party on the 3rd Saturday of December, 9 times.  This year we "opted out"...  I was somewhat torn in doing so, but we had such a great "Seis de Mayo" (yes, SEIS) party and then a fun Yucca party in the spring and summer and more Christmas parties to attend this year than in years past - that I just thought it might be overkill...

And I probably would have been right.  We've been invited to a small gathering tonight and tomorrow will have me finalizing last minute things to shop for when our family does the Friday Family Shopping Event and dinner out for our annual December 23rd dinner out.  And yes, it's annual.  December 23rd comes every year.  

But thrown in to tomorrow's mix is the good fortune of a second interview with the G.M. at a business I'm hopeful to join.  It's close to home, they dress casual - so a lot like when I was working at the school district, yet no broken arms, bloody  noses, puking and screaming kids to deal with.  That in itself, is a Christmas Miracle!  

Granted I may still not make the grade, but after interviewing yesterday at 3:00 p.m., being called 23 hours later for the call back and meeting tomorrow afternoon - certainly is encouraging.  Right?  I figure after that, I should probably get a pedicure.  Something I was doing monthly - has fallen by the wayside since September.  They certainly don't cost an arm and leg, I just haven't been in the mood to make my toes, that no one sees from November through July - pretty.

But another party on Friday, and Christmas has gotten me in the mood!

And with it... back to my "What kind of party can we plan?" mood.  And thus the New Years Eve, bowling  first,  watch the ball drop here last - party has been hatched.



The group is growing, appetizers being planned and weight lifting has begun!  Join us... if you dare to have fun!

No comments: