Friday, December 2, 2011

Watch the video above...

Dangit.  Today I was going to "speak" a little bit more about why I've chosen this as a goal and how I don't hate Facebook or Twitter or any other social media outlet, but then Jeff comes in to me this morning and says - "You gotta watch this.  It will make you smile.  It's not a knee slapper, but just watch."  

And so I watched Preston dance around the mall and high five a girl in a coffee shop and then try to high five another guy walking through the mall and it wasn't a knee slapper... he was right, though that part was knee-slap material!  The kid smiles, dances, prances and is just fun silly for this video that has now gone viral.  I am actually proud to say I was viewer number 11, 937.  I imagine by days end this will be well well above that.  

C'mon, if you've EVER heard, tapped your foot, or pretended to hit the high notes of Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas", then you WILL love this!

So after I return from the club - I've decided to do a Top 12 of my favorite viral YouTube videos:  (And I picked 12 to stick with the holiday "theme" of the 12 days of Christmas.)  Why?  Because I can.  This is my blog, there are 9 people reading it occasionally and more than likely - that's an exaggeration... 

Watch Preston a few more times until I get back.  :)  I'm pretty sure he's made the Top 12.


I'm back...
11:41 a.m.


12) "I'm Yours" -  The little ukulele playing tot... so adorable and so talented.  A bit of an overachiever perhaps, but that could just be jealousy talking.  


11) Deer and Dog playing - C'mon... if you're an animal lover, you like this.  The deer don't play with Boone when we let him out at night - they run from him.  But then, he's no little white yipper.


10) Susan Boyle - Brittains Got Talent - http://youtu.be/RxPZh4AnWyk Everyone thought the same thing when they saw this single, 47 year old "wannabe" get up on stage.  Wow!  Outstanding.  The look on the judges faces, tears...  simply awesome.


9)  Puppies vs. Cat -  If you've ever had a puppy and cat in the same house.  Love how a few of them prance about like they really want to play with her, but apparently have an inkling that it's probably NOT in their best interests.


8)  Personal Fave:  Ferris Saxons Football 2007 -2008.  A student at Ferris put this together from my oldest sons senior season.  It still moves me to tears - but not because of the loss and the pain my son felt after the final game, but now because of the boys on that team and their friends in the stands who spent so much time here.  I miss all of those boys.  It was so fun to have a handful of them up at Thanksgiving time and hear them carry on as if nothing - no time, miles, separated them.  That's an amazing gift there.


7)  Personal Fave:  Another Minn Boy takes to YouTube with his pal who made this video as part of his senior project.  Trick Shots - and what fun they had!  

6)  Bully Gets Owned -  I laughed at this - because the bully limps when he gets up.  Casey was later invited by The Bieb (Justin Bieber) to a concert and had him front row, then on stage to introduce a song...  pretty inspiring.


5) Jeff Dunham and Peanut.  A case could be made that almost all of Jeff Dunham clips could take up a lot of the Top 12 for me.  Such a talented guy... and I love Achmed and Walter, but Peanut is classic in this older clip!  I mean... these puppets have facial expressions!  


4) Simply due to the timing of the season - I had to bump this one up.  It may switch places with some along the way - but for now - Preston Leatherheads' "Dancing with an iPod in Public - Christmas Version" (above) is here at #4.  I have to give the kid a special shout out because today, after I saw this, I sent him a Tweet and he actually responded.  So... props to Preston!  Go kid go!


3) I like this next one just because it makes me feel like dancing.  But aside from that, I have a secret wish that someday, my dear sweet husband will plan something fabulous that will have something like this or something like Howie Mandels' new flash mob show that is fun, spirited, out of the ordinary, crazy and romantic at the same time.  LOVE THIS...  


2) Another seasonal favorite and also brilliant, but longer, video.  I think you have to have kids, a spouse, yourself... someone in your house who plays xbox or video games that have levels - to really appreciate this fully.  Give it up for TRIPOD!



1) Last but not least and one you've all received from me in the past 6 or 7 months... is an all time favorite - but mostly because of my furry, four legged friends.  If you don't have a dog who has "spoken" to you like this you will not get it.  Our dog Jack is just like this when it comes to food.  Put your hands together for the Ultimate Dog Tease...

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Those were great Kathy! I loved "Peanut". :)