Saturday, December 10, 2011

1000 Lights.... and counting

I was rockin' and rollin' getting the lights on the tree when I got to the last strand.  I did the plug in check on the last 100 lights and found that the string was half out.   So of course now I have to go to the store for another strand of 100 white lights for the tree.  And probably a couple of them as our tree is about a foot and a half taller than last years!  I can't send Jeff because every time I do, he brings home the lights on the white string... which is appalling to look at on a GREEN tree.  <sigh>

I finished my crapts... uhhh, crafts from yesterday and managed to make special jello for my gorgeous nieces' graduation party (GO COUGS) tonight!  Shout out to Brittni!  Congrats girl!

No snow at Camden changes the experience but there was a moment when Jeff said "It's like they instantly turn 10 when they get out of the car up here."  Well... not quite instantly, there's a lot more "adult" words said, rocks thrown and laughter at each others and the dads' expense.  But after the christmas trees are cut (I can say "Christmas" here because I'm not affiliated with the schools or any other entity that makes you say "Holiday"... as if... Here's our HOLIDAY TREE...)  they run along, throw the football, (and this year rocks due to no snow) and play tag, tackle etc on their way down to the free cider at Camden Ranch.

I picked out my yearly Camden, CHRISTMAS decoration and away we flew...

One stop at The Ram in Riverside, a long car wait for our food and then, as we were checking the bag for our order and realizing they shorted us two burgers, so as Jeff was parking, she ran out our additional bag to us.  What's funny is... there were THREE extra burgers in it - none of them the one I had ordered.  We ate, we joked, we changed the radio station a gazillion times (Little Jeff was insistent that we never settle on a station that was playing a commercial) and as soon as we were home, we all disappeared to various areas.  I left the dad to manage the trees while I raced all over the South Hill to find cranberry jello.  Not out this year... at least not yet.  But the best flavor with Bacardi O... for... Christmas Jello.

I'm late... and surely full of fun and things to be crass or sarcastic about, but must get a move on.

Super Lame Post #1
Over and Out.




No comments: