Monday, December 19, 2011

Afternoon snack of champions... & Dexter

Here is WHY my afternoon snack is acceptable... today:

I woke up, went to the club, worked out.  Yah me.
I quickly raced home (that's redundant I think) to shower and get Zach to the doctor.
I came home, filled out 48 sheets for the Employee Security Department.  Maybe more.
I wrapped a few gifts and then packaged them up for mailing.
I went to the bank.
I went to the store.
I went to Costco.
I went to the post office and did that whole thing.  BUT I will say it was surprisingly quick and I wasn't there longer than 10 minutes.  First time in several years that at 4:00 p.m. they actually have staffed the front counter in all positions.  What took them so long to figure that  out?  
I came home and unloaded the store and Costco.  
Ohhh... I washed sheets and comforters for two rooms today and folded three loads of clothes that I strategically put off yesterday, for today.  Because I don't have anything else to do.
I received the news that I did NOT get the position I interviewed for, but that since they did take an insider (which I expected) that they were personally walking my packet down to the "other" manager for the newly vacated position.  It's something.
I finished the last of the Christmas cards and got them addressed and in the "post office pile".

So after all of this - I pulled out the Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus and some triscuits to snack on while I pondered what to blog about today.  Annnnnd, to go along with that snack, I have my Starbucks peppermint mocha.  I know the two mentioned in the same sentence sounds vile, but it's not.  It's really not.  

At least not right now.

Check back with me in 3 hours.

No wait... don't.  I'll be starting on the 5th season of "Dexter" then and after having watched seasons 1-4 in the last 3 weeks, and knowing that the 6th season just ended this past Sunday... AND knowing that they are going to be off of OnDemand on 1/3/2012, it's imperative that our "Dexter" time go uninterrupted.



My gawd... if you don't know Dexter - you must fix that!  Post haste!


No comments: