Monday, December 26, 2011

1 Down, 364 To Go

So we made it home from Demingham and into the coziness of our own familiar surroundings.  We raced to the showers, finished wrapping presents and decided on tacos for dinner.  Tacos before Christmas presents?  Ab-so-friggin-lutely!

Unpacked, laundry piles made, dogs fed and so happy to be with their people... though we always feel so good after we get home and Peg and Greg have watched the dogs.  Our dogs are happy to see us, but not frantic happy, so we know they were loved and cuddled and played with while we were away.  For dog lovers and owners out there - you know what I mean.  I have 9 followers and I think most of you are pet people...

The boys' mema and papa came up with their gifts, ate tacos and hung out for an episode of "Dexter".  I take full credit for turning thus far, 5 people on to "Dexter", and I know that number is going to grow.  Some people may not like it, and that would leave me bewildered for sure.  Presents were opened, the kids were proud of their shopping selections they made this year and we think we got them each a couple of things they really wanted.  

I was asked by the boys if we were going back next year for Christmas.  Even I hadn't gotten that far in my thinking and it took me a little by surprise.  But I looked at them, shrugged and said I didn't know why not.  

And while I'm proud of my boys for holding off on their Christmas, to be there for their uncle and the rest of the Baisden family - and praised them for doing so - when Zachy asked if we could bring their presents next year - "You bet" was my answer.

But that's 364 days from now... and I'm ready to put the village away and take the tree down.  I might meet some resistance from the rest of the team... and since the tree isn't feeling crisp just yet, I too, may have an internal battle between my "Christmas is over, get rid of the thing" and the "Oh, it's so pretty and makes it so cozy inside" personalities.

But New Years is coming up and <knock on wood> a new job start date next Tuesday have me wanting to get the house in order...

So it's time to pack it up and say goodbye to Christmas 2011.  It's time to ready ourselves for memories-yet-to-be-made, circa 2012.

As the boys would say...


No comments: