Saturday, December 17, 2011

Caramels - Part 2

So far so good.  I made another batch of the caramels this afternoon and thus far, it appears to be setting the way it's supposed to...  I can tell it's still a skoche warm, so not ready for me to try "processing" and wrapping just yet.  Let me just say, that it doesn't appear to be taking on the caramel "sauce" look like yesterday.  <knock on wood>   Stay tuned...

I also made a batch of special holiday jello this afternoon for a Christmas gig we're attending tonight - and I can say that those set as per usual!  Love the jello!  Really would love to "love" the caramels as a chewy, yummy treat versus needing a straw to slurp it up!


Just did a caramel check.  They turned out... with one small exception.  They stuck to the wax paper!  I've been told to grease the pan or use wax paper.  I used the butter with the runny caramels and the wax paper with the caramels that worked.  So tomorrow - I will do one last batch.  Third times a charm - right?

Heck ya!

No comments: