Thursday, May 3, 2012

This Song Has Nothing To Do With The Weather

Except that it has the word "rain" in it.

I love this song - it reminds me of when I was pregnant with #7.  I can remember a dress I wore a lot, walking through a parking lot of the place I worked, the sun shining.  I remember #7's Mema (grandma) nagging at me to drink more water and eat healthier because I was going to have a teeny baby if I didn't.  All of those rumors about diet pop while you're pregnant... Just that.  #7 weighed in at 9 pounds 12 ounces, so you can blame that on the rain.

That's not even a thing.

(Thank you to "Horrible Bosses" for the above one-liner.)

Ya, I'm pretty sure it is.

So entirely off topic.  The topic is the weather.  I HATE Spokane weather in the spring.  It's mostly winter temperatures with rain.  Rain, rain, rain.  I hate rain.

But what's got me in a dither is that this entire week was forecast for this crap - yet at roughly 5 pm each day, it clears, the sun shines, it warms a bit and you begin to think that we're hitting a turning point.  About 9:30, from our vantage point, I can see darkness looming on the horizon...  and by 3:30 AM, I hear the rain.  Rain, rain, rain!  Ick.

I want to plant flowers and I want to run outside.  But I can't.

So I gotta blame it on something.... gotta blame it on something...

No comments: