Sunday, July 1, 2012

Win Some, Lose Some

I played in my first every Hoopfest.  I only shot the ball twice, I had a killer back door pass, I set a few screens - my team won one and lost two.  We were out on the first day.  Most people don't want to be out on the first day...  and I'm a pretty competitive person.  But I was A O.K. being out on Saturday.  

#7 was also out on day 1.  He and a few of the Ferris boys played in the 6 and over Elite division.  They were competitive - the lost, won, lost.  But their losses were close.  I'm also quite certain - that the "Evil Empire" should NOT have worn their old "Ferris" practice jerseys.  He was not as "OK" with being done on Saturday as I was.... but then, he's a thousand percent MORE competitive than me AND has never been out on Saturday before.  
Lesson learned.  Unless they get a 6'8" big body to play with them next year!  

Blue Eyes made it to the Semi's of the winners side of the bracket and lost their first this afternoon at 1230.  It wasn't their best game.  They turned around at 2 pm and were playing this team real well when the balls quit dropping... for them.  That ended  "The Perkisizers" 2012 run for the coveted Champions t-shirt.  And minus a little bit of not so great sportsmanship after that loss by Mr. Blue Eyes himself (for which MOTY scolded him, live and in person), the boys played tough and they were a lot of fun to watch.  There's always next year Perkisizers... 

Wack was in a tough bracket and made it to Sunday at 9 am.  An opponent that called about 12 fouls... (one of their 4 players called all but 2 of them) and a technical on Wack didn't help them during this game and they were down 5 with not much time to go.  They actually closed in when time expired... the score 18-19.  Overtime.  Back and forth a few times and then a bucket by the good guys made it 19-19, but alas and alack, the Mutha Hens couldn't stop some hot shooting and his run ended this morning.

An annual trip to the Sponsor Garden VIP tent for pizza, snacks, water and fraternizing with old Hoopfest friends, stopping to watch a few games of peoples kids or old friends, a split Bruchi's sandwich, lots of walking, sunscreen, sweat, bathroom lines, gatorade, watching a Hoopfest flashmob, $13 parking, $2 parking (2nd day we scored!), The Grosso's make a surprise visit - twice, perfect weather with a few raindrops, no broken bones, no scratches, a few wounded egos, but all in all - a top 5 Hoopfest fo' sho!!

So lucky to finish off the last of the Sunday hours with my Big Bro, my awesome sister Tam, & the residents on 36th with some birthday cake and ice cream and sibling conversation.  

The weekend is over, Hoopfest 2012 is in the books and I can now proudly say I played in the event at least once.  So there's that...


No comments: