Monday, July 2, 2012

Muscle Relaxers Anyone?

I woke up and my neck was stiff and sore.  I made my way to work, arriving about 30 minutes late.  It's Monday... I don't love Mondays.  Most people don't love Mondays.  So I was moving slowly and 3 tylenol only  mildly helped the pain.  Then a stop at my favorite Starbucks yielded a drink made wrong, but not realized by me - OCD who checks her drink as she's about to pull away from the drive up window... Until I get to the light down the block.  Part of me wrestled with just going on to work and letting it be.  Then I said to myself:  "Self, it's Monday.  Remember?  There's no way you're going to work on a Monday with the wrong caffeinated beverage!"  So I turned the corner, pulled into the next lot, drove through it, pulled back onto 57th, turned back into the Starbucks lot and went in.  Usually I am met with an "Oh sorry about that!"  (It happens more often than it should - at least once, maybe twice a month) but this time I didn't have to say what was wrong with the drink... so it's like they KNEW they made it wrong.  Oh goody, it's Monday.

Got to work.  Worked on stuff.  Had a hard time concentrating on work because my neck hurt.  If I turned my head with purpose - I could do it without it hurting.  But the random people coming by my area or the frequent trips to the copier, fax, etc... didn't help. I didn't lunch long and when I returned I intended to just put my nose down and go go go.  But I couldn't and it kept getting worse.  Oh goody, it's Monday.

I took 3 more tylenol and then an aleve.  And then I came home.  And I slept.

With a 90 pound yellow lab on top of me.  

Then Wack and I watched the second "The Newsroom" and they mentioned little ole' Spokane, Washington in it.  So that was cool.  And then I slept some more.

Then I finished watching "The Italian Job" while The Dad cooked dinner.  Then we, the parents, had a discussion with Blue Eyes about his actions after his loss at Hoopfest and that went about as well as I would have expected.  Yes yes... oh goody, it's Monday.

So to go along with my sore neck/shoulder/head - I have gained a piss poor attitude, a loss of 2 hours of my life watching "Eat, Pray, Love" after "The Italian Job" and a new wrinkle due to how The Dad/Blue Eyes/MOTY exchange ended up... with The Dad changing his tune from The Dad Stance, to agreeing with Blue Eyes, getting on The Moms' bad side because he's the parent.  Oh boy howdy, am I glad Monday is over.

Going to bed now.  Would love to wake up and have had today just have been a dream.  Then again... don't really want to do a Monday over again.  I think muscle relaxers are the answer to my problem.  Because I'm pretty sure The Dad wouldn't be sleeping on the couch tonight if I weren't so out of sorts because I can't turn to look at anything.  Sometimes it must really suck to be The Dad.

Until then, I am taking muscle relaxer donations.  


And I just did a preview of this and can't figure out why its highlited white for part of it and not for the rest.  But it's the end of what's been a shitass Monday and I've tried thrice to correct it to no avail, so I'm tossing my laptop off the deck, kicking The Dad, because kicking the dogs would be cruel and escaping to the bedroom.  Muscle relaxers just may not be strong enough at this point.


(*&&^%$$#&_)()(&^ Mondays.

1 comment:

christalovesotto said...

wanna trade? i need GOOD pain meds for my neck....i have muscle relaxers.....but my naproxen 500mg aren't doing it.....yay for being 42!