Sunday, July 15, 2012

I Feel the Need...

The need to weed!  

I've let my weeding get out of hand this spring/summer.  It doesn't help that the temperature has to be "just right" - somewhat like Goldilocks and her porridge.  The weather is often times "just right" in the evenings, after I've gotten home from work and made dinner.  The only problem then is - I pretty much give up on doing anything once dinner is done.  I look at 3 computer screens all day long, only break for lunch and pretty much don't care about the flowers and plants I was so excited to plant late this spring.  (When the weather also had to be "just right".)

Maybe if I didn't work out in the mornings I would have more energy in the evenings?  Could be.  But the morning workouts are what give me the energy to start the day as it is. So that won't work.

I could make myself go earlier to the gym and come home and make myself weed a different spot each day?  Orrrr... go at the same time and cut the workout short?  I know that neither of those will work - especially at this point. 

I've let the weeds get so out of control that there are likely bug fortresses built in and around them that have taken measures to really build good protection around the roots of the weeds, so that pulling them will cause great pain to my shoulders, arms, hamstrings - before, during and after I've started the job.  Gives me a bit of a headache just thinking about it.

But today - the weather is just right.  The dogs have been to the park.  The chicken is in the crockpot for the 10+ college football players coming in for tacos tonight, the ground beef is thawing, the back yard is mowed, the laundry is started... and I'm hoping if I can keep coming up with things to type - that I'll forget what I'm typing about to begin with, giving myself and "out" from this job that needs to be done.  

Internal struggle:  If weeds were an animal, I would let them live.  I would not pick them up and toss them in an ugly green bin.  They are living things...  (if I keep going, can I win this argument with myself?)

I'm trying.

I'm still trying.

Shutting the shades would help.  Learning to back out the driveway blindfolded would help too.  I'm competitive and love a challenge...  

Still trying.

On the count of three - I'm going to go find the special weeding gloves I was so excited about when I bought the plants and flowers I had to have this spring.

One:  If they are "lost" then I can't weed, because gross... think of all of the dirt I'd get under my fingernails.

Two:  If I type long enough, that storm they keep telling us is coming might get here and I can't go out and weed in the rain.

Three:  I'm out of ideas, coffee and know how pissed I'll be at myself if I don't go do this.

Ciao for now!

No comments: