Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Pool!

We got a pool three years ago.  Nothing big, most people don't even notice it if we entertain during the warm, sunshiny summer months.


We drain it when the weather cools down and take good care of it over the winter months.  For all of the use it gets, I'm surprised its' not in worse shape!  We got it cleaned up and ready for guests for our 2nd Annual YUCCA party coming up in a few weeks... we NEEDED the pool cool last year - as our air conditioning unit was toast.  Absolute toast.  Not even TRYING to turn on.  So the new unit is in, the pool is cool and there are new "rules" to this years' Yucca-fest!  


Nearby the pool, the holyboard is set up... a fun, (I'll bet this really pisses the neighbors off) noisy game where opposing "teams throw large metal washers through three holes 10 feet away from them.


Today after I mowed the lawan and put a little sprinkler on a super dry spot - I took some time to finish gutting and cleaning my office out - as I'm hosting bunco this week!  Working full time, going through this last "senior year" and trying to still make heads or tails of everyones schedules doesn't leave me much time to do all of the mom stuff at home on a day to day basis.  After that, I went to check on the "kids" out by the pool and maybe the first time in our 10 years here... sat down on the grass and just watched.  And watched.  And watched some more.  Some good solid summer time... just being a spectator.


Granted, since having #7, Blue Eyes and Zach Attack - I have always been, and will continue to be a spectator.  But this was different.  This wasn't frazzled to get there, do this, do that, stop here on the way back - spectating time.  This was having the opportunity to just sit.  Not worry about anyone needing to eat, if their laundry needed washing, when the next game was.  I just sat.  And it was good.


But tomorrow is a new day.  A Monday.  And while others were escaping the heat today, I sought it out.  I "get" to be inside all day, every day this week.  So I'll take hot heat, "pool" time when I can get it.


I've written 204 (205 now) posts in the 224 days since starting this blog.  This goal to stay off of The BookFace...  The goal was to post every day and I'm darn close to having done so.  Minus Cabo trip, Seattle trip and graduation week - I'm nearly spot on as far as writing.  Staying off of FB has been easier, but then, when I started this - I wasn't working.  Now that I am and have three computer monitors in front of me every day - the LAST thing I want to do is be on another time suck site.  Except for this.  And this comes pretty easy to me.


Well, the sun has gone down.  A game/set/match of holyboard awaits me out by the pool.  Which - speaking of, needs some TLC before tomorrows heatwave... Watch and see why!





No comments: