Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Aaaaahhhhh Chooo!!!!

I was going to write about "The Batman" movie - which was really... really... really... REALLY good and one really doesn't realize that they've sat there for nearly 3 hours when it ends.  I was conflicted toward the end, even though I'd told The Dad out loud what had to happen... but allowed myself to believe what was going on.  But I was right - which made Christopher Nolan a genius because even though I was right, I allowed myself to *believe*, only to be semi-duped.  Brilliant.

And yes - The Dad found himself checking for exits and paths out.  Which is probably normal, given the timing (we went Sunday) in relation to The Batman massacre in Aurora.

But as it is - we received some less than desirable news yesterday - of which I am not at liberty to discuss just yet - but I will, you know I will... when I can.  So we went for a run last night.  We jogged out Ben Burr to "the telephone pole" and back.  It's a 3 mile stint and The Dad ran it with relative ease and easily a block ahead of me at all times.  As we got to our hill at 57th - he pushed me to run to the sign, recover and then run to the top of our block.  If he can do it, I will do it.  He did it faster, but I did it.  And it was good partnership activity and "team building" which is going to come into play in the coming days, weeks, months. 

When we got home we picked up the yard a little, started the water, came in and chatted with Wack.  Then I sneezed.  Once.  Then twice.  Then a third time and then a fourth.  The 3rd and 4th sneeze shook our block.  And they hurt.  Immediately I felt like something was lodged in my sinus.  I tried blowing, and blowing... and blowing some more.  I tried sucking it all in to get in into my throat so I could spit it out.  I tried pouring water through  my nose and then I got drastic in the shower and inhaled water (which totally sucks and hurts and crikey, it was bad.) to see if that would work.  To no avail.

My nose is working overtime at draining on the one side and while I feel congested, I can breathe - but "something" is moving around in there.  I gave in and called the doc because it's wreaking all sorts of mental hell in my head with this movement if I breathe through my nose.  I can even move it if I massage around the bridge of my nose down to the side of my eye, nostril... up and down.  I thought at first maybe I blew a hole through my sinus, now I think it could be bone or something.  So that's cool.  Not.

Doctors office can't get me in until Friday.  I know what sort of unreasonable, crabby, bitchy bitch I'm going to be with this going on, feeling like I've had my head slammed between two 200 pound bricks - so I'll likely have to give in and go to the minor emergency.  I just don't have time for this crap.  If you've been to the minor emergency, you know you need extra time, patience and alcohol - to survive the outing. 

Who knew that sneezing could be such a pain in the ass?  I do... now.  

1 comment:

Dido said...

Obviously something is going on with the sinuses because I know several people having the same issues in all different zip codes! I hope you feel better soon.