Monday, April 30, 2012

Give It Back!

Saturday night we attended the 31st Killin Auction, Dinner and Dance.  It's the big fundraiser for EWU Athletics... lobster, prime rib, good music, fun with friends.  So that's all swell.

The Dad advised me to bring extra money this year because he said there was probably going to be something I was going to want to bid on this year.  This WOTY highly doubted it.  

And as usual - I was right.  Except for this one thing.

They happened to have all of the game worn jerseys up for auction from the Military Appreciation Day game last year.  The one below...


See how the wrist tape and up at the shoulders and down the mid side seam is camoflauge?  

So these were all up for auction and #7  just happened to be on top.  There were no bidders on the #7 Bid Sheet and this particular room was set to close in 8 minutes.  So we bid.  All of the others had been bid on by their family members and only had ONE bid on each of them.

Away we go to the next room... nothing I had to have.

Then the next room... also, absolutely  nothing I could live without.  

Off to the dinner, dancing, chatting, laughter and excitement with friends surrounding #7's friend being drafted in the NFL draft the day before!  Fun fun fun!

I told The Dad it was getting close to my bedtime and wanted to leave the event with little fanfare.  Last year - after surgery on the Wednesday prior, a pain pill and a few glasses of wine in me... well, I'm not going to elaborate.  I spoke my mind, because I know ALL about football, ya see.

So The Dad went to get our "prize" from the "prize pick up tent" and he was told we did not win it.  

WHAT!?!??!

Judy was nice enough to show The Dad the bid sheet.  He, in fact... I, in fact,  DID NOT WIN - my son's game worn jersey.

Seriously?  Who DOES that?

No comments: