Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunshine - Part II

I am not, I repeat, NOT playing hookie from work.  I DID, however, wear shorts to work and thank goodness I did.  Our building is either really cold or really warm... and those correlate to the weather outside.  If it's warm outside, it's warm inside. If it's ass cold outside, it's about the same inside...

Shorts it is!  Well... and I'll be taking off early for Zach's tennis match!  Go Wack!

I went to bed early last night and it felt good.  I remembered what happens to my body after a day of weeding and churning the dirt in the flower beds and boxes.  Most muscles HURT the next day.  It's kind of like going to the dentist, it's a bit sore, but it's a good "sore".  So the extra ZZzzzz time was good, I think.

Yesterday - The Dad came out to see me on the front porch as I was admiring my weeding job and enjoying the "cool" on the front porch, versus the late afternoon sun that beats on the back of the house.  I noticed a carpenter ant and was a little concerned.  When we bought this house there were carpenter ants in Ryan's room, the kitchen... and that was most unfavorable.  So we did like George Washington and we cut down the cherry tree.  The pear tree, the maple tree and all of the other trees.  Leaving only the walnut tree...  more on that in the fall.

So where this carpenter ant was coming from bothered me.  Jeff noted that it was also a breeder.  (This comes from his days as some sort of "bug" expert I guess) and then this happened:

The Dad - "Oh!  What's that!"
WOTY - "What??!!" <slightly panicked>
The Dad - "Oh... a flying bee."
WOTY - <you can guess....> "Ummm... as opposed to a non-flying bee??"
The Dad - "Fuu....  Dooooonnnn't...."

I repeated the conversation a dozen times to see if it lost it's humor and it didn't.  The Dad knew it was going here.  He also asked "Why do you gotta make me look foolish?"

Hmmm... me?  I wasn't the one that exclaimed I just saw a "flying bee" or that I downloaded something on "Apple Tunes".  <snort>

God I love him.


No comments: