Saturday, April 21, 2012

"We STILL Have Kids..."

Tonight, after The Dad and I went to the Apple Store in Riverpark Square to find out "WTF" (Why the face?) my "menu" button on my friend, iPhone, doesn't always work.

Let it be known that the "menu" button can "go out" and if that happens you don't get much of a break to "fix" it.  It means a new phone and if under warrenty it's only $140 at the Apple Store.  I do have insurance through Verizon, so will go that route, but... while it's oft times annoying, it will do until July when we have our next upgrade AND surely Siri is as excited as I am about my having the opportunity to upgrade to her.  So... I can wait.  Unless... Verizon decides my insurance "deal" will work for Siri, if even for just un poco dolares!

ANYHOW - The Dad and I decided it wasn't a "movie night" and started home.  We took a detour and decided to have an appetizer and cocktail at a local spot up here on the South Hill.  While we were eating this went down:

MOTY/WOTY - "Well, next year... when we don't have kids..."
The Dad - "Uhmm. <clearing throat>, ya... we will still, very much... have kids next year."
MOTY/WOTY - "Oh, well, ya.  I mean..."  Burst out laughing...
The Dad - "I know this, because a decent amount of each paycheck goes into their accounts every two weeks..."

And so it does.  

And it was funny.

And then I remembered.  

BUT, all was not lost.  It ended up being a fateful night as we ran into someone on a whim and were able to piece together a bit more of this "end of Senior year" stuff for Zach so that was a blessing.  

Today the lawn was mowed by The Dad, front and back.  I usually like to do the backyard, but it was crucial to get all of the bathrooms good and gone over, laundry done, knowing tomorrow is "clean up the flower beds" day, dog park day and get ready for a busy week for Zach day.  Oh, and #7 will be in for dinner.  

I almost forgot.  While we were sitting in the Apple Store, The Dad told me that I could download an app that would allow me to check in for my appointment there (which I had already done.)  He proceeded to tell me how it worked, even though it was a mute conversation.  He ended it by saying - "Just go to Apple Tunes and you can download it."

Apple Tunes?

Oh honey...

No comments: