Friday, April 27, 2012

The Letter of the Day is "EFF"

Today The Dad is golfing in the EWU football thingy majig, fund raiser, blah blah blah thing.

I worked late yesterday, on purpose, felt like I was finally, finally, finally making headway on my pile.  Felt really good.  Knew I was behind on a few things, and really like it there after everyone else has left.  So quiet.  I knew that I had 3 "projects" to tackle today, so cleaned up all of the "other" stuff.  

Boom!  I feel good!  Na na na na na na na...

Get home, make stuff for baked potatoe bar.  We eat.  Watch "Grey's", my dvr'd "Private Practice" and "The Office".  So I caught up on most everything.

Woke up.  Worked out.  Life is good.  Know I have to get gas on the way to work.  Get coffee at you-know-where, drive to get gas.  Get gas and realize it overflowed. Say to self:  "Self, just go with it."  Wipe it up, and off to work.  The gas that I got on my hand starts to bother me as I washed three times and put lotion on twice trying to get rid of the smell.  I have an uber sensitive sniffer, and these tactics didn't work.  Then I made the mistake of attacking one of the "projects" and between the smell and the freakin mess this statement came back to me in - well, that sealed the day.  Eff word.  Eff, eff, eff, eff, EFF word.

With that - I knew The Dad hadn't left the house until around 11 so I knew the hounds didn't need immediate releasing.  I went to get a pedicure... and halfway through she asked if I wanted a manicure which I usually turn down.  But it had been an EFFED up morning, so I took her up on it.  Oh my.  She gave me a neck massage and shoulders and rubbed my hands...  I relaxed, but my mind was fried.  I managed to make SOME headway on that account prior to the end of the day, but it's going to require more.  THIS, I should say, is the VERY SAME ACCOUNT that gave me fits a few months ago.  New quarter.  New Order.  Not even half way through it and they've got it all EFFED up.

So tonight I get home, feed the dogs, let them out and The Dad is still golfing.  I have sat here in this chair for an hour doing nothing and it feeds so good.

Fast Forward to just now when The Dad walks in and tells me that #7 got rearended on the way home from the golf outing.

Fantastic.

I think I'll go to bed.  


No comments: