Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Hunger Games

I'm going to see "The Hunger Games" tonight.  Let me just say, that after looking through one of the weekly magazines The Dad gets in the mail (Sporting News, Sports Illustrated, Men's Fitness, and... US, yes... US.  That's all him baby!) I saw a picture of the actor that plays "Peeta" and I'm a skoche disappointed.  I was actually hoping he was going to be more, say, "Jake"-like from the vampire movies - whose names escape me right now.  But for the record, even though I can't come up with the vampire movie names - I'm totally split on which team I'm on.  Sometimes Edward.  Sometimes Jake.  Before ever seeing the vampire movies, I was dead set on not thinking anything about Taylor Lautner, and then he not only turned into a ginormous wolf (pretty cool), he took off his shirt.  Ooh la la!

So anyhow - when I was reading "The Hunger Games" on the plane to Cabo and the first day on the beach (when I finished the book) I didn't quite imagine Peeta to be who Peeta is.  I'm not as anxious about seeing the flick as I was when we got home and seeing a movie at our favorite AMC Theaters was in the forecast.  <sigh>

Let me back up for a minute.

If you're going to be traveling and decide you are going to give in and read this bloody book - buy all of them.  Especially IF traveling to another country where say, they sell books, just not in ENGLISH.  Leaving you to be dying to read the next one after hearing it picks up pretty much right where it left off... oh, and about how the first one left off?!?!?  Good gravy!  Talk about teasers.  I knew I was not the only person in the world who "gave in" on their way out of town for spring break - as on our return - every book store/shop we walked through at the San Diego airport said they were "sold out" of the second book. When we got to the Seattle airport, The Dad slinked into one shop and found me a copy which I proclaimed I couldn't read on the Horizon flight back to The Can since the noise those things make is too loud to concentrate.

But I did - and I managed to knock out a good portion of the book too.  I have about a quarter of the second book to go.  How's this - I don't even know the name of the second book because I just wanted the damn thing so bad I couldn't stand to even take note before delving into it!  I know it starts with a C.  

Okay, a foot is getting tapped at me because I'm on here and not getting ready to go.

Until tomorrow.  Easter Sunday.  Birthday celebration day for Middle Minn boy.  And what a feast it will be.  Prime rib, potatoes romanoff, pea salad, rolls, cake and ice cream, asparagus.  Of course when I said this was dinner, Zach said "Why does Ryan get prime rib for his birthday dinner?"  To which MOTY retorted:  "I will GLADLY fly over to Seattle for your birthday next year and take you out for prime rib."  The soon to be UofW college freshman replied "That's okay..."

I figured it would be!  Now... off with your head!  Oh wait, wrong movie/character!

No comments: