Sunday, April 8, 2012

An Easter/Birthday Celebration

First of all, Happy Easter.

Second of all... dangit!  I forgot to send half of the colored, hard boiled eggs back to WSU with my blue eyed, now 20 year old.  Not that you needed to know that. But they'll never all get eaten here.  And I HAD to have my family (which, with two boys away at college) consists of an 18 year old and The Dad, who is a lot like having an extra 18 year old in the house much of the time, take part in coloring the eggs.  So you can imagine the excitement and joy in our house when I pulled out the hard boiled eggs, vinegar and dye packets on Saturday.



Third: - I think I've found a great idea for next years "Easter" celebration.

I have a friend, that instead of hiding plastic colored eggs outside for Easter, she hides the mini bottles of alcohol.  You know, the ones you get on the airplane?  So that way, if she doesn't find them all on Easter, she has little bonuses throughout the summer while doing yard work.  I think that's BRILLIANT!   What might even be better is hiding them and then telling the boys to get out and do some spring yard work for their old ma.  THAT might be the more brilliant plan.  I'd get them home every Easter and they would look forward to YARD WORK!

And while they're doing that, perhaps I hide some inside and then tell The Dad that I need the upstairs toilets cleaned, the bookcase dusted and the basket of all of his magazines  cycled through for recycling.  If I were to hide mini's for him, that might be all the incentive he needs to help out with the pre-party, cleaning "festivities".  Perhaps.  If it doesn't work though, at least I would have little bonuses while I'm doing the chores.

Now... what sort of a business could be had from this?  


No comments: