Wednesday, April 18, 2012

American Idol, Baby!

Tonight is "American Idol" night and I've just committed to bunco!  What was I thinking?!?!

The past 3 years I haven't invested much time into the show because it's the same old thing year in and year out.  We've gotten into "The Voice" and I don't even watch that for the competition anymore.  At least not the contestants competition.  I DO, however, watch it for the competition between the coaches and I like to look at Adam Levine and Blake Shelton... while The Dad likes looking at Christina Aguilera!  She can be drop dead gorgeous and she seems very approachable and she can wail!  So... I didn't pay a whole lot of attention when "Idol" came on this year.  I usually had my laptop on my lap on the couch or was often in the office while The Dad was watching.  BUT...

As soon as I heard Phillip Phillips sing and he had that Darius Rucker/Edwin McCain sort of sound to him - I paid attention to when he was on.  And then Colton showed how much of an artist he is too... so now I was yelling out "Who's next?" from the office or the laundry room downstairs.  Then I heard that little Jessica sing and Skylar... woo boy!  So the last 2-3 weeks I've watched it, mostly.

The 7 that are left are all very good.  I would say that the adorabe, teeny tiny Holly is probably next to go.  She has a huge voice but just doesn't have the confidence needed or the ability to do anything more than ballads.  I think Elise and Joshua should exit stage right after Holly and then probably Skylar.  The girl can do some amazing things, but there are three ACTUAL artists that she's up against.  They have all the pieces already...  

So yes, I can tape it... shnikeys... I just said that.  I can DVR it and I will... but dangit if I can't wait to see what Phillip and Colton do tonight!  Hasn't it been a while since a girl won?  I don't know... and mostly don't care - because I think, at this point, that Colton and Phillip are the ones to beat and SHOULD probably tie.  Jessica is great, but her career has already been made and she still needs some finishing work.

I amn't (that could totally be a word... Zach Attack made it up when he was a toddler and it's stuck with us) going to download the iTunes versions of their songs.  Yet.  But I do love this song.  Loved it before Elise and Phillip sang it. Enjoy.

No comments: