Monday, August 13, 2012

The Week Ahead of Me

Monday:  Things aren't looking so great to start off a Monday.  I mean... we went for our walk/run this morning - but we got a late start so we HAD to run home so that I could be only 10 minutes late to work.  That's not awful.  I showered, The Dad made us an egg - and *poof* off to work we go.  I get home for  lunch and remember that we are out of bread so it's going to have to be yogurt and granola for lunch.  So while I'm getting the granola out - I see the Lays chips.  And then I remember the Resers ranch chip dip in the fridge.  So a few chips as an appetizer at lunch - and with Jack & Dan outside and Boone the only one wanting to "hang out" with me - he got a few too... I've finished my yogurt and could have a gatorade, water or milk, but I pulled a Diet Dr. Pepper out of the beverage fridge.  BUT... I have yet to open it.  I don't really like pop, but something is driving me out of my norm today.  Just want to get through today to get to tomorrow.

Tuesday:  My girlfriend is starting her new business so myself and another of our friends said we'd host her party tomorrow.  I'm excited for her and hope she does well, and I know it will be a good time.  But between today after work, laundry, dogs, house - I have to find something to prepare for snacks for it.  Tuesdays are usually a decent day at work - if you dont' know why, ask me... I'll tell you.  But on Tuesday, I'm going to be working to get to Wednesday.

Wednesday:  Now Wednesday is a banner day!  A banner day!  It's hair appointment day!  I had to reschedule my July 31st appointment and the soonest she could get me in was tomorrow...  So I look a bit like a backwards striped skunk, but on Wednesday that all gets righted.  That's the thumbs up part of Wednesday.  The thumbs down part of Wednesday is that The Dad and Wack get to head to Seattle for Zach's orientation.  I don't "earn" vacation normally - or rather, this place isn't like any other place I've ever worked where you can't take vacation until your year anniversary.  That's nearly unreasonable... Yes I went to Cabo in April - but when I interviewed I stated - this trip is purchased... I'm going.  But if I wanted to go on this monumental excursion - well, couldn't happen.  So with that going on... I'll be working to get to Thursday.

Thursday:  Now Thursday I've got some major work to get done outside of work what with Yucca-fest 2012 this weekend.  Floors, carpets, shopping and some serious cuddle time with my amazing four legged friends.  But on Thursday, I'll be working to get to Friday.

Friday:  On Friday I get to finish what I don't finish on Thursday - which is likely most of it because, lets face it, I don't get alone time much.  Though - I don't really WANT that.  But I can prep some of the food and the jars for Yucca and wait for The Dad and Wack to get home.  I will probably mow the lawn on Friday instead of Saturday due to an EWU scrimmage on Saturday.  So on Friday, I'll be working to get to Saturday.

Saturday:  Saturday we'll do the 5 mile loop, or he'll play raquetball - we'll get cleaned up and race to the scrimmage.  I'll finish making food for Yucca-Fest 2012, we'll "set up" the holy board and draw out the "tournament" board.  The weather is going to be phenomenal and this year our air conditioning is working - it's looking to be a great time!  When that ends, we'll need to clean up and get the house ready for the NEWEST Spokane, UW Fiji bound boys for dinner here on Sunday.  So on Saturday... I'll be working to get to Sunday.

Sunday:  No rest for the weary.  Jack, Dan and Boone will not let us out of the morning at the Dog Park experience so that will start us off.  Followed by making breakfast for Wack and Blue Eyes who will be home on Saturday night for his fantasy football draft.  The Costco excursion, Rosauers and unpacking - probably just in time to make food for the new boys.  My newest set of "sons".  And when Sunday ends, I won't be working for Monday.  I'll be dragging my feet and hoping that if I stay up late to watch "The Newsroom" that that will let Sunday linger a little longer...  

Just long enough for me to check my lottery tickets...  so that I can sleep well into Monday. <knock on wood>

No comments: