Friday, August 24, 2012

Me, #7 and The Kibbie Dome

On October 21, 1989 I was 7 months pregnant and my former (due to the roundness of my belly) EWU roommate let me tag along with her and the girls to the EWU vs. University of Idaho football game at the Kibbie Dome.  That was the first game I attended there.  I spent the better part of the game in the stands with my best friend from high school and some of her friends and then the other half with the EWU peeps.  This was the last game I attended at the Kibbie Dome.
 
Until now.  I realized yesterday that next Thursday, August 30, 2012 - just about 23 years from my first visit - I am returning there for a game.  A game that the "boy" who was growing inside of me at that time - will play in. 
 
His senior year starts in the stadium/arena/dome he likely "heard" his first I-D-A-H-O, Idaho! Idaho! Go! Go! Go! chant.  I've known since the schedule was released that we (EWU) were playing U of I - but I didn't dig deep enough to remember this until yesterday. 
 
It's kind of crazy.
 
And so are these fun little - MMUF's (Mom Made Up Facts).  I know some of you will come up with your own meaning for the acronym...  Have at it.
 
23 Years ago - U of I won the contest 41-34.  The difference of...  7 points.
My realization of the above came on August 23.  23 + 7 is 30 and the game is on August 30.
There were 7 Harry Potter books.  #7's nickname is "The Wizard".  (This doesn't really apply to this post.)
I have teared up 7 times just thinking about this. 
 
Can't wait to pull out of The Can around noon next Thursday and trek to Moscow.  I wonder if #7 will "remember" the sounds - somewhere, deep down. 
 
Since it hit me yesterday - I remember where I sat, where we parked, how loud it was. 
 
Crap.  How has the time gone this fast? 
 
E-A-S-T-E-R-N... Eastern Eagles, Go! Fight! Win!  Let's do this!
 
 
 


No comments: